Fetus pics on fb?

My fiance's friend miscarried the other day. We were with her at the hospital and she had someone come in to take pics of the baby. (keep in mind, this kid was 10oz) I thought it was odd to have it dressed up and pics taken, but hey, we all grieve our own way. Look on fb last night, and she has some of them posted. I can not wrap my head around that one. Anyone go through a miscarriage and have this done? Phone Post 3.0

That is highly disturbing Phone Post 3.0

Sloppy Single Leg - So she took a duckface selfie with the dead fetus?
Tastefuly done Phone Post 3.0

With the caption "YOLO (unless ur my baby of course)" Phone Post

Al Cappucino -

....Goddamn

Bravo! Phone Post 3.0

Al Cappucino - 

YAlmostOLO.

LOL

That's so fucked up Phone Post 3.0

I was going to post a gif but after reading this thread I'll just see myself out Phone Post 3.0

People will give you the "people grieve in their own way blah blah", which is true.

But no it's absolutely batshit crazy to do that shit.

The attention whoring has gone way too far.

My ex does baby photography and has done a few of these shoots. Creepy as hell. Phone Post 3.0

Greive in whichever way you like but posting it on fb for all to see is absolutely not necessary and really is attention seeking.

Apart from dead grandma selfie girl, would anyone put a pic up of a dead person to "grieve"? No? Well its the same thing in my books. Phone Post 3.0

Sloppy Single Leg - So she took a duckface selfie with the dead fetus?

first reply

stephen colbert animated GIF

bruddahoodaman - My fiance's friend miscarried the other day. We were with her at the hospital and she had someone come in to take pics of the baby. (keep in mind, this kid was 10oz) I thought it was odd to have it dressed up and pics taken, but hey, we all grieve our own way. Look on fb last night, and she has some of them posted. I can not wrap my head around that one. Anyone go through a miscarriage and have this done? Phone Post 3.0
This happened to me last year around this time, my daughter had hydrops and passed at 24 weeks. The baby was wrapped in a blanket and she held her for around an hour and took pictures, and we managed to get footprints. Baby was supposed to be around 1 pound but she had so much fluid in her she was around 2 pounds.

She never posted the pics on Facebook, as she considered it an intimate private matter but kept everything for safe keeping. Phone Post 3.0

KingOfFighters -
bruddahoodaman - My fiance's friend miscarried the other day. We were with her at the hospital and she had someone come in to take pics of the baby. (keep in mind, this kid was 10oz) I thought it was odd to have it dressed up and pics taken, but hey, we all grieve our own way. Look on fb last night, and she has some of them posted. I can not wrap my head around that one. Anyone go through a miscarriage and have this done? Phone Post 3.0
This happened to me last year around this time, my daughter had hydrops and passed at 24 weeks. The baby was wrapped in a blanket and she held her for around an hour and took pictures, and we managed to get footprints. Baby was supposed to be around 1 pound but she had so much fluid in her she was around 2 pounds.

She never posted the pics on Facebook, as she considered it an intimate private matter but kept everything for safe keeping. Phone Post 3.0
Intimate as it should be. Phone Post 3.0

this has been going on for many, many years. probably as long as photography has been widely available. not a new thing at all.

frankenchrist - this has been going on for many, many years. probably as long as photography has been widely available. not a new thing at all.

For private keeping, sure. But with the advent of social media, it is a new thing (sharing it publicly).

I think I can be pretty confident when I say "nobody wants to see pictures of your dead fetus."

That is for your private use.

Id blame Facebook. One persons business is now everyones.

Even if the loor husband was like "noooo. Dont!!!", chick would still post It. Facebook sucks. Phone Post 3.0

HardWorkPersonalAccountability - but it's just a lump of tissue amirite?

Exactly man.

I remember when Fraser got all butthurt because someone posted pics of the aftermath of an abortion....he took the pics down and said "it added nothing to the argument" lol. How convenient.

bruddahoodaman -
KingOfFighters -

Intimate as it should be. Phone Post 3.0
Same deal for us last year. No pics. Wouldn't dream of posting pics on Facebook, even if we had them. I don't see anything wrong with the pics btw, just not our way. Phone Post 3.0

A good friend of mine had a miscarriage last year. They named the baby, took those dressed up pictures, went to the 1 year birthing class reunion with a photo, the whole 9 yards. I get the impression the modern day therapist is recommending all this stuff.

I'm sure it's got to hurt like a motherfucker. Anyone with kids understands that, those without don't get it. But at the same time we do find it kind of odd how much they talk about it. But hopefully it makes them feel better and they successfully have a kid next time.