FFS-Instructionals

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but please humor one last person. Are there plans at any point in the near future for Ray or one of his Floro Fighting Systems - Kali Ilustrisimo instructors to make some instructional tapes? Thanks!

C.J.

Bolo, any chance that you'll be filming Ray again when he's in town for his seminars?

We had filmed some knife stuff the last time Ray came to the US, however, the lighting was messed up when I watched the video after we had finished. We had talked about redoing the video, however, I don't really have a proper location this time and personally, I don't have the interest in making one at the moment.

In addition, I would like all of Ray's instructors, including myself, to be able to develop their abilities more before this stuff is eventually put on video.

No single stick (machete) tape then huh? Darn!

Why doesn't Ray Floro himself put out a video? What does him putting out a video have to do with his instructors developing their abilities more?

Ray's system is very very easy. With just the basics, you can be proficient in weapons training in a very short amount of time. With that in mind, I think Ray would like to be fair to his instructors who have spent thousands of dollars to fly to Australia to train with him, bring him to the US, travelled across the the US, taken numerous private lessons, taken his beatings, etc....

His instructors have made huge sacrafices and efforts to get this information. I think he would like to make sure they are way above everyone else before he gives out the information on a DVD set for $45.

Thanks for responding Bolo, but I'm sorry if I still don't understand - If this information could help save lives and help people defend themselves and their families, isn't that a more important consideration than having a few instructors be "ahead of everyone else"? What about spreading the art to the masses? Also, if the instructors are worried about a DVD or a DVD set making the public better than themselves who have personally trained with Ray all these years, then there is something wrong.

"If this information could help save lives and help people defend themselves and their families"

Dude, give the guilt trip a rest.

You could use that argument about EVERYTHING.

Like, hey Bolo, why not give all your tapes away for free because of all the lives it would save?

You want to protect yourself and your family? Drive carefully, eat properly and exercise regularly. Teach your children how to swim, and your teenage sons not to be such hotheads when driving. Look out for signs of drug abuse/depression in your teenagers. Don't keep guns in the house and don't live in a bad neighbourhood.

Now, that's all the top causes of death covered.

*EDIT: Shit, forgot to say don't smoke or drink.

One of the main reasons that I have held back the making of the DVD is that it IS easy to learn......

Not all people who purchase the DVD will be good samaritans...I would venture a guess that there would be people who will buy this instructional with no good intentions.

Now imagine a mugger, murderer or serial killer who has now learnt how to REALLY use a knife.....how do you think that would make me feel.

Also......the direction of my teaching is now taking me towards training the Military (regular and Special Forces) and Law Enforcement Personnel....as such, the nature of the material taught in these organisations have tended to be treated as confidential.

Besides...I am now doing regular seminars and training in the US..and have representative, MORE THAN CAPABLE of teaching the foundations.

"Now imagine a mugger, murderer or serial killer who has now learnt how to REALLY use a knife"

I can't imagine a criminal actually spending money on an instructional video but I do understand the point being made. So is the only way to learn the FFS to find someone certified in it at this point? Perhaps you could set up a situation such as Bolo's in which you could have an association with paying members. Allowing just members to purchase the material therefore keeping track of all who are being given instructional material? Thanks!

Hello Ray,

How about making a video just for your instructors and their students or attendees of your seminars.

Mr. Floro:
Thank you very much for responding. It is an honor to have you on this forum. I think that it is far more likely that someone interested in defending themselves and not committing crimes would spend the time to actually order and study a video/DVD. I say this because I think that it is far less likely that a "mugger or murderer" would be equipped with the patience and discipline necessary to take the time to study, practice and learn a valued art such as yours.

I think that alhtough many people in this world are martial artists, extremely few muggers and murderers are trained martial artists. Most crimes are crimes of passion/sudden aggression (you are much more likely to be murdered by someone you know). In addition, I think that the more healthy mentally you are (and thus less criminally minded in general) the more likely you are to have the patience, routine, and friends necessary to let you practice the techniques that enable you to become proficient. I'm sure there are exceptions but I have worked for the FBI in a summer internship and dated a girl (another FBI intern) whose job all day was to look at files of serial killers and she never ever came across one that had any kind of formal martial arts training. That is the very reason why Leo Gaje (I may have the person wrong, it was one of Guru Dan instructors) decided to start teaching again -a serial killer murdered those Filipino nurses in California and he thought that if they even knew a little Kali they would have had a fighting chance to escape and survive.

You state that not everyone who would buy one of your DVDs would be a good sammaritan, but how can you ensure that everyone that attends your seminars either will be a good sammaritan? I think that one must have faith that the vast majority of those who have the patience and discipline to learn and master an art have personalities incompatiable with the short tempered violent minority that would be likely to be murderers. In sum you are doing far more good than evil when you spread your teachings, since the very nature of martial arts is such that the weak in society are attracted to the arts because by necessity they must find an approach to deal with the stronger predators out there who can just rely on their natural advantages of size, speed, and brutality.

And for those with limited funds, it would be impossible for those that really would like to learn parts of your system to travel to the very few individuals who are certified to teach your system in the states on any kind of long term basis.

If you are still worried about your teachings on the knife being misused becasue of the lethality of the weapon, would you Sir consider perhaps releasing a DVD series on a less lethal weapon such as the single stick?

I appreciate you reading this post, and thank you for your contribution to the martial arts and to kali. Good luck.

"That is the very reason why Leo Gaje (I may have the person wrong, it was one of Guru Dan instructors) decided to start teaching again -a serial killer murdered those Filipino nurses in California and he thought that if they even knew a little Kali they would have had a fighting chance to escape and survive."

I believe that was Leo Giron.

As one of those Instructors fortunate to train with Ray every week, I can tell you the real secret why Ray doesn't put out a video or DVD.

It's simple, those training with him keep him too busy sparring and when he does get some free time he spends it trying to come up with another sneaky move to hit us harder and more often, or nursing his bruises and planning his revenge (like stabs to the throat or hits when you have your back to him.

Let's face it, it has taken this man 20+ years to become an overnight sensation, we will eventually pin him down for a DVD but in the meantime, et to one of his seminars and if those guys in the states tell you that they are all booked out, hide in the carpark and belt someone so you can take their place.

Have fun over there Ray

Dale

Yeah, eventually Ray may make an instructional or maybe sometime down the road some of his instructors may do it too. But for now the interest isn't there and it doesn't matter what people say. You guys sounds like a guy trying to convince a girl to have sex with you when she has no interest in you. If you want to learn this stuff now, go to Australia and take a lesson from Ray, go to his seminars, host a seminar, go to the Phillipines and train with his instructors, or go train with some of his students. Yes, some people can't afford to do so, but that's life. It just like how many people would like to buy a Mercedes, but not everyone can afford to buy one.

"You guys sounds like a guy trying to convince a girl to have sex with you when she has no interest in you."

Sounds like someone I know. Clue - One of Ray's Kali instructor's son . . .

Hello Everyone,

Great posts. The person who did teach the nurses..Leo Giron. As for DVD Instructionals: Having started training in the martial arts way back in the 70's, the rise of video instruction has created a great way fro new students to view and begin to practice various martial arts. It also does create the "Armchair Warrior" , who knows all about every art and has not put in one hour of real practice in the said art. When training with Ray, one on one, you will begin to understand why he talks about the subtlty of Kalis Ilustrisimo, as well as how it is difficult to teach it without this one on one contact.

With the upcoming series of seminars, 2 on the West Coast, and 1 on the East Coast, we all have the same opportunity to start practicing, and get a better picture of Kalis Ilustrisimo, first hand! Will it be a hardship for some to get there and train, yes! Will it be worth it, yes! Will you be attending.....

Support these seminars! Attend and train!

Train Hard it is the Way!

Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net

i been begging ray for videos for ages, it would save the bruises i used to get when i ventured down there. Now i'm too scared to even go into his suburb, but lemme say when i grow some ballz, there is no money or hour better spent.

Hello Anythinggoes,

Get up to New Hampshire for this weekends seminar! The drive is fairly short and you won't have to put on your own seminar!

Train Hard it is the Way!

Guro Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net

Hello

Too bad, this may be the only East Coast seminar for the year, but who knows!! I look forward to meeting and training with you soon.

All the best
Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net