Fiancee opposes me buying truck to tinker with.

I want to buy a 1965 Ford truck to tinker with and build something cool out of. I'm a welder/machinist who used to build cars for a living and I'm getting that itch again. The truck is $800. I own my home and daily driver vehicle(2012 Honda still under warranty). I have nearly a years pay in savings but she is absolutely freaking out about me wanting to buy this truck. This has been a problem repeatedly in our relationship, she never wants to buy ANYTHING outside of food and bills. I needed a new riding mower(I have a 7 acre property and have to now several acres of it) and she thought 11-1200 for that was totally out of the question. The yard ended up not getting mowed all year and we still have no solution, as it costs about $250-300 to have a landscaper out to do it. How can I convince her to let me buy the truck and mower? Its just getting to the point of crazyness and affecting whether or not I enjoy my life, knowing that there is no form of reward for my hard work. Phone Post 3.0

Get rid of her and buy two trucks. Phone Post 3.0

Buy both the truck and the mower and forget about it

trade the wife for the truck

Just go buy it

Deal with the wrath for a bit then you're golden pony boy!

GL! Phone Post 3.0

Come on bro, you know the answer to this. No woman.. Especially a fiancee shoukd be telling you what you can and can't do.

Get out now before you end up divorced and half your saved up money goes to her and her new boyfriend.

If you don't want to end it, counseling Phone Post 3.0

7 acres, plenty if savings, and she has a problem with a riding mower? Yea I see a lifetime of stress about money if you go through with that marriage. Buy the truck and see how it goes over. Phone Post 3.0

Actually if you can convert the truck into a riding mower that would be pretty fucking badass

I love my wife, she wouldn't think about telling me what to do with my money. My money is my money; her money is her money and we split bills and expenses. Phone Post 3.0

To be fair, you could get a second hand, older ride-on for less. Maybe that way she accepts it? Phone Post 3.0

AlchemyIronworks - I want to buy a 1965 Ford truck to tinker with and build something cool out of. I'm a welder/machinist who used to build cars for a living and I'm getting that itch again. The truck is $800. I own my home and daily driver vehicle(2012 Honda still under warranty). I have nearly a years pay in savings but she is absolutely freaking out about me wanting to buy this truck. This has been a problem repeatedly in our relationship, she never wants to buy ANYTHING outside of food and bills. I needed a new riding mower(I have a 7 acre property and have to now several acres of it) and she thought 11-1200 for that was totally out of the question. The yard ended up not getting mowed all year and we still have no solution, as it costs about $250-300 to have a landscaper out to do it. How can I convince her to let me buy the truck and mower? Its just getting to the point of crazyness and affecting whether or not I enjoy my life, knowing that there is no form of reward for my hard work. Phone Post 3.0
What is her reasoning for not wanting you to buy it? Did she grow up poor with parents who spent way above their means? Did she go without as a child? Phone Post 3.0

dpro2716 -
AlchemyIronworks - I want to buy a 1965 Ford truck to tinker with and build something cool out of. I'm a welder/machinist who used to build cars for a living and I'm getting that itch again. The truck is $800. I own my home and daily driver vehicle(2012 Honda still under warranty). I have nearly a years pay in savings but she is absolutely freaking out about me wanting to buy this truck. This has been a problem repeatedly in our relationship, she never wants to buy ANYTHING outside of food and bills. I needed a new riding mower(I have a 7 acre property and have to now several acres of it) and she thought 11-1200 for that was totally out of the question. The yard ended up not getting mowed all year and we still have no solution, as it costs about $250-300 to have a landscaper out to do it. How can I convince her to let me buy the truck and mower? Its just getting to the point of crazyness and affecting whether or not I enjoy my life, knowing that there is no form of reward for my hard work. Phone Post 3.0
What is her reasoning for not wanting you to buy it? Did she grow up poor with parents who spent way above their means? Did she go without as a child? Phone Post 3.0
Yes and yes. Her parents are in terrible financial shape and she had a pretty dumpy upbringing at times as a result. Phone Post 3.0

Buy 2 shitty mowers in craigslist, and cut the grass together, after the first time, you will have a new rider! Phone Post 3.0

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Phone Post 3.0

My Ole lady gave up on telling me how to spend or not spend my money. As long as the bills are paid and you have plenty in savings there is no reason to oppose. I buy cheap ass cars all the time. I love me a mechanic specials. Phone Post 3.0

Flaboy239 - Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sorry I spent MY money on something I NEEDED. Phone Post 3.0

808dvs - Too bad you don't realize how ridiculous you sound.

I mean that in the most loving, positive way possible.

The mower part itself should be a huge red flag, my dude. You're gonna look back at this in a few years and be like wtf was I thinking? Add the fact that she's not supportive of your interests or passion at that?

Think about it bro... Phone Post 3.0

this

she sees your money as her money

everything you enjoy is fucked

good luck brah

That much money for a riding mower for 7 acres is less than what I would spend. Wtf
$800 for a truck and she's complaining?

This doesn't add up. No nice way to say it. Grow a set and put her in her place. Phone Post 3.0

My wife would tell me to get the nicest mower I could so it'd be easier on me and my back and wouldn't take me as long. Phone Post 3.0

Sandy Pantz - Buy both the truck and the mower and forget about it

This. She needs to know what it's like to be with someone who has acreage. Trucks and lawn equip are part of the deal. Or get a new girl at farmersonly.com