FIFA 13 academy - need help

I've been playing this game for nearly a year and still suck. I get lots of chances but rarely score. Usually I'm one or zero goals per game but have like ten attempts.

Any advice on how to improve scoring and team play to get more makeable shots? Seems like the goalies are impossible Phone Post 3.0

I've gone from good to great to absolutely dog shit on FIFA this year

I only really play Ultimate Team just got relegated to division 3 lol, I'd say defending and relying on your goalkeeper is absolutely pointless in 13

All EA have done is completely nerf the defensive side of the game to make the new attacking system look good, this has been the worst FIFA for a while and if the trailer for 14 is anything to go by goalkeepers are gonna be even more useless, not a single save in the trailers Phone Post

Hmm I agree the game seems geared towards scoring but I just can't score. I'm also in div 3 on UT Phone Post 3.0

GapingAxeWound - I've gone from good to great to absolutely dog shit on FIFA this year

I only really play Ultimate Team just got relegated to division 3 lol, I'd say defending and relying on your goalkeeper is absolutely pointless in 13

All EA have done is completely nerf the defensive side of the game to make the new attacking system look good, this has been the worst FIFA for a while and if the trailer for 14 is anything to go by goalkeepers are gonna be even more useless, not a single save in the trailers Phone Post
Are you from the UK you use of the phrase dog shit makes you sound like one of us Phone Post 3.0

Shadow Sniper -
GapingAxeWound - I've gone from good to great to absolutely dog shit on FIFA this year

Are you from the UK you use of the phrase dog shit makes you sound like one of us Phone Post 3.0

Yeah mate, London Phone Post

I'm in division 1 on ultimate team and I win it pretty much every time.

Use the 3-5-2 formation, trust me on this! Best team I've found to use is a Italian league team, if you want too know my team just let me know, it's fairly cheap aswell.

But I agree with how they have fucked up the defensive side of the game, pretty much every match is high scoring now and the game is still pretty much all about how fast your players are.

Like I said need any help on a team, just let me know. Phone Post

I had a Serie A team a Bundasliga and a Prem team, now I just mix and match players and my team has shit chemistry Phone Post

Hmmm, its strange. I don't have any difficulty scoring, its my defending that is piss-poor. Phone Post

I just picked up 13 a month ago. First fifa game I've played in maybe 6 or 7 years. Just made div 1 yesterday. I know shit about the game but here's what I run and do. My team is a 4-4-2. All players are 442 and are rated 80 or above. Mostly Spanish and Italian but have some other guys in the too (I can list my team of you want). I like guys that have a high rate of pace.

On defense, I hold the A button (playing on xbox) a lot. I just try to position myself in front of the ball handler at all times and look for opportunities to poke the ball away.

On offense, I try to shake the defender for a one-on-one with the goalie. When I rip the shot, I try not to touch the control stick or kick the ball with max power. Seems like when I do either of those 2 things, the ball sails high. Other than that, I've been trying to pass it around and look for openings, then shoot and pray. I could definitely use some tips when it comes to offense

I also watched some videos on YouTube that helped a bit. They are the official videos from ea. Think they're called fifa school or some shit like that Phone Post

I try to play positional defending - don't always rush in to tackle. Close down the man and double up when appropriate. Key thing is tracking an opponents run when they try a one-two (give and go). Let your computer controlled men defend the ball and use your man to cover the player that is making the run. Stops you getting caught on the break.

Highest I've been is division 3 on standard online seasons mode. Currently in division 4 Phone Post 3.0

On attack I try to get wide and cross for the header or use one-twos and through passes to create room for a shot. Try to go easy on the power or you will shoot way high. Flick your left stick in the direction you want to shoot as you press the shoot button to target your shot. Try and shoot across the keeper to get a rebound if he saves.

The finesse shot is good to curl shots in from the angles or just outside the box. Phone Post 3.0

Being married, I don't get to play anywhere near enough though! Great game Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Bought a season pass it said I'd get 12 gold packs or something like that. Where do I claim them???? Phone Post 3.0

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - Bought a season pass it said I'd get 12 gold packs or something like that. Where do I claim them???? Phone Post 3.0
In the store on ultimate team Phone Post 3.0

Ingo Weigold -
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - Bought a season pass it said I'd get 12 gold packs or something like that. Where do I claim them???? Phone Post 3.0
In the store on ultimate team Phone Post 3.0
I'm looking there and I don't see then they are supose to come with the season pass right? Phone Post 3.0

SEMenTEX - I'm in division 1 on ultimate team and I win it pretty much every time.

Use the 3-5-2 formation, trust me on this! Best team I've found to use is a Italian league team, if you want too know my team just let me know, it's fairly cheap aswell.

But I agree with how they have fucked up the defensive side of the game, pretty much every match is high scoring now and the game is still pretty much all about how fast your players are.

Like I said need any help on a team, just let me know. Phone Post

This is right 352 is the best by far used to get relegated from division 1 all the time started using 352 now I win division 1 all the time Phone Post