Fight drama breaks out at Jason Parillo's gym

He won adcc.

Has anyone ever compiled a record of fighters while at that gym?

1 Like

It didnā€™t seem like anyone even tried to get between them either when tempers were flaring. That could have ended in a nasty scrap that probably would have been difficult to break up.

1 Like

That fat fuck is a POS 1,000% Dirty

6 Likes

Surprised how laxed Parillo was there. Fats is a cheap mofo.

7 Likes

Gross

Absolute scumbag move.

1 Like

Tore my shoulder from someone doing this in an ammy MMA fight (I subbed him about 15 seconds later), pops all the time to this day. Never would have tapped, but itā€™s definitely something to be aware of.

Yes in training this was a total dick move. Whoever the coach was shouldnā€™t have let them start again after the first argument. Surprised Orlando didnā€™t toss him after the slap, that was weird.

3 Likes

Nah man do it fast/hard and itā€™s essentially an Americana. Shoulder destroyer.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a submission if thereā€™s no time to tap because thereā€™s no control over your training partner here, unlike every other standard armbar where you control the position so pressure can be applied in a slow and carefully controlled manner. Belongs on the street, not the gym.

9 Likes

ttt looked dirty

1 Like

agreed, the guy was being hyper-disingenuous. what a nightmare for any gym.

2 Likes

Seems like Strickland made a comment earlier that Big Boy didnt like and did it on purpose for revenge. he even brings it up himself. ā€œYou said I didnt belong here.ā€ The guy gave away his motive right there.

11 Likes

Thats why you should be very selective about who you train with, especially prior to a fight.

11 Likes

First, leave my scissors out of this!

Itā€™s the application and intent here, not as much the move. In wrestling, we will punish a lazy underhook, even with a shoulder wrenchā€¦but itā€™s usually locking it like a 3/4 and lifting. Itā€™s the snap with intent to injure that makes this guy a dick. Plenty of things wrestlers could do to try to injure quickly, itā€™s just not the dirty nature of the sport. We have some sick want to break someone with a grinding pain (like with the guillotine and scissors).

Him snapping into this was trying to cause injury. He said he needed to learn? Learn by injury? Itā€™s true that a lot of that space doesnā€™t exist in wrestling. Not meant to be an insult to BJJ, but Iā€™ve always called it sloppy space.

1 Like

Why would they post this if not to make one or both of these guys look bad?

1 Like

Who exactly posted it?

I donā€™t think so. But Parillo has some legit coaching accomplishments. At least three world champs ā€“ Cyborg, Bisping, and BJ. Maybe a fourth if he was coaching RDA when RDA won the belt. (I think RDA was still with Cordiero, but Iā€™m not sure).

I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen someone get notably worse under him. I do wonder why he hasnā€™t been able to get RDA to stop squaring his hips up on his crosses ā€“ which leave him open to get dominated by very good wrestlers. But, that might not be his fault. Some habits canā€™t be broke.

3 Likes

Sanchez will get destroyed in mma.

2 Likes

So, I feel like there is an elephant in the room here. Please understand that I have not followed grappling in over a decade, but I am amazed that the guy I saw in the video is an ADCC Champion. Not based on body type, but he just didnā€™t look like he was demonstrating any effective technique even from the tie ups. Good for him and his accomplishments, as Iā€™d never trash talk someone elseā€™s success, but I am deeply surprised that he has been so successful.

3 Likes