Fight Master moving off primetime...

Spike TV has announced Fight Master moving to late night (thursday 11pm).from primetime (wednesday 10pm)

With reports of bellator downsizing and laying off employees, it's unfortunate that the dream that was once Viacom MMA is falling apart.

Sub, these threads are a guilty pleasure Phone Post 3.0

Get a life you fucking shill Phone Post 3.0

Ya I don't care what people say, MMALogic makes golden threads! Phone Post

LOL. You can set you watch by this clown.

2 things.

First this is an upgrade, FM cant carry its own night, it needs to piggyback off TNA so this is an upgrade cause I'm willing to bet Thurs at 11pm after TNA will keep some TNA audience and do more than 398k viewers.  SO anything above that right now is good.

Second my guide says Thurs this week but back to Wed the following week.  This is probably a test run, if the ratings improve and do well it probably stays on Thurs, if it doesnt do well or worse, cant see it getting any worse than last week but if it did they move back to Wed.

But I think Thurs after TNA at 11pm is where this show will stay from now on this season and any other seasons. 

MMALOGIC - 

Spike TV has announced Fight Master moving to late night (thursday 11pm).from primetime (wednesday 10pm)

With reports of bellator downsizing and laying off employees, it's unfortunate that the dream that was once Viacom MMA is falling apart.

Link to these "reports" of bellator downsizing?

Svend - 
MMALOGIC - 

Its a rumor on the SMRM, wouldnt put much stock into it though.

That's where it should have been since the beginning, good move, no idea why they didn't put it after TNA to start

In Phone Post 3.0

Chris27 - 
Svend - 
MMALOGIC - 

Its a rumor on the SMRM, wouldnt put much stock into it though.

Thanks for clarifying info.

I like Fight Master. It has good fights in my opinion, decent talent and really ...why the Fuck not.
But I can't say I watch on Wednesday at 10. I never watch any show on time, I just PVR and watch in a day or so afterwards. Phone Post

I can't imagine MORE people will be tuning at 11 pm on Thursday night. Who the fuck would stay up that late to watch Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren trying to act relevant?

MMALOGIC - 

That's not a better time slot than Wednesday nights?

Cindy

liquidrob - That's where it should have been since the beginning, good move, no idea why they didn't put it after TNA to start

They put it on Wednesdays because they had confidence it could carry a time slot on it's own. Clearly, that confidence has been shaken.

Bellator is 100 percent NOT downsizing.

Bellator Fan - MMALOGIC must be shitting his pants right now as this could help ratings and give the show a possible 2nd season. Phone Post 3.0

No. This is more of an attempt to keep enough of the TNA viewers to be able to sell advertising during Fight Master. Ratings (below 400k) right now are so low that infomercials or timebuys would be a better use of the time, which is horrible in primetime.

Spike is using the move to try to recoup production costs at this point. The show is done.

Ten eight round - Bellator lost alot due to the way they handled alverez and the fact that they simply tried to copy what made the UFC successful 5 years ago with fight master.

Weekly shows took away the build up and 'must see' feel of alot of events as they seemed like TNA episodes rather than fight cards sometimes.

The tourney format alot recycled the same fighters time and time again with the same results.

The Champions barely fight now and they simply have to wait for a tourney winner rather than creating a big name fight that the fans want to see.

Failure at every turn. The one off PPV to aide with the Alverez case (they can now say the PPV part of Eddie's contract would of been upheld as they have proven they do PPV with Page v Tito) is bullshit, and they have tried to extent their reach from 2nd place to major players in the MMA landscape far too quickly without the right tools (fighters, fans, fights, structure, etc.).

Viacom's money isn't useful if it's being used to fund half-arsed productions, boring formats and buy 'never-will be's' or 'has-beens' to take their brand forward.

Saunders, Curran, Alverez, Newton, Pitbull, Caveman, Lima and Chandler have alot to offer bigger shows, but they're just big fish in an fast, evaporating pond over at Bellator. I hope they do have their careers taken away like Eddie's. Phone Post

Hope you meant "don't" but the last paragraph isn't really fair.

Those guys are doing what they need to do. Shouldn't shit on them. Phone Post

I think this is better for them. Not sure what kind of numbers they need to pull to keep going but personally I think they should dump the show and put that money back into building up the live events. They could pay the fighters more and actually advertise their shows and up their production quality. If they can't sell out the events, why bother with a reality show?

If they can start getting solid numbers that translate to more ticket sales I just don't see the point spending the money.

Either way, I watch but my view counts for nada since I don't live in the states. Hope they figure it out either way. Phone Post 3.0

It's a little bothersome how entrenched Bellator is to TNA, a wrestling promotion whose ratings are also on a slow decline. Phone Post 3.0