Fight Night: Vettori vs. Allen 4/6

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is less than a month away from the upcoming UFC Vegas 90 mixed martial arts (MMA) event, topped by the middleweight mashup between Marvin Vettori and Brendan Allen, who collide on Sat., April 6, 2024 at the promotion’s APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Now they have an official poster.

This marks the first appearance for Vettori (19-7-1) since his unanimous decision loss to Jared Cannonier last June, a five-round drubbing that that kept the rough-and-tumble “Italian Dream” stuck at No. 5 in the official 185-pound rankings.

That’s two places above the No. 7-ranked Allen (23-5), who’s been nothing short of electric over the last two years. “All In” is the winner of six straight, including last November’s submission victory over Paul Craig at APEX.

“He hasn’t beaten anybody good. He doesn’t finish anybody,” Allen told Middle Easy. “Is he tough? Hell yeah, I’ll give him that. He’s tough, he’s got a great mindset, but I’m going to walk him like a dog. Technically, I’m way superior. I’m going to show him exactly that on fight night. I’m too technically good. If it’s got to be gritty and he wants to make it a fight, I can do that too. His only hope is to catch me, but he’s delusional. He is a legit delusional person. This is the same guy who thinks he f*cking smashed Izzy. Izzy schooled you twice.”

“I’m going to finish him,” Allen continued. “I’ve fought guys that have knocked people out, that ain’t been dropped and this and that. Guys that ain’t been submitted, I submit them. Just because he hasn’t been finished means nothing to me. He hasn’t fought me. He hasn’t fought anyone like me. I’m going out there to put him away. My goal is to outclass him and then put him away. I’m coming to prove a point. I’m proving it to myself that I am just that damn good.”

UFC

UFC Vegas 90 will be co-headlined by the bantamweight showdown pitting Norma Dumont against former champion Germaine de Randamie.

Battle of the gatekeepers

1 Like

UFC Vegas 90 needs a new headliner.

No. 5-ranked UFC Middleweight contender, Marvin Vettori, has been forced out of his upcoming five-round match up against the No. 6-ranked Brendan Allen for their April 6, 2024, date, confirms MMA Fighting. The reason for Vettori’s withdrawal wasn’t specified. As for Allen, it remains to be seen whether or not UFC will seek a replacement opponent or reschedule the bout. Regardless, “All In” will welcome whomever.

“I was ready for everything, so now I am the #5 @ufc middleweight in the world!” Allen said in an Instagram post. “So who above me is trying to fight soon? @killagorillamma [Jared Cannonier] @robwhittakermma [Robert Whittaker] sean [Strickland] @stylebender [Israel Adesanya]”

The adjusted UFC Vegas 90 line up can be seen below.

• 125lbs.: Jose Johnson vs. Lucas Rocha
  • 155lbs.: Trevor Peek vs. Charlie Campbell
  • 145lbs.: Alexander Hernandez vs. Damon Jackson
  • 135lbs.: Alateng Heili vs. Victor Hugo
  • 155lbs.: Piera Rodríguez vs. Cynthia Calvillo
  • 170lbs.: Court McGee vs. Alex Morono
  • 265lbs.: Valter Walker vs. Łucasz Brzeski
  • 135lbs.: Dan Argueta vs. Jean Matsumoto
  • 135lbs.: Norma Dumont vs. Germaine de Randamie
  • 135lbs.: Nora Cornolle vs. Melissa Mullins
  • 155lbs.: Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Christos Giagos
  • 145lbs.: Morgan Charrière vs. Jose Mariscal
  • 185lbs.: César Almeida vs. Dylan Budka

Vettori is overrated. I dont understand the hype.

Oh, shit, that was quick.

2 Likes

Vettori Allen has been cancelled

This will be an even shittier card if they don’t find a sufficient replacement fight

17 fighters on this card I’m not familiar with…

At least we get to see Johnny Walkers HW brother

2 Likes

Johnny’s brother Valter is fighting this polish dude who’s 0-3-1 in the UFC, and he also popped for steroids in his first fight

And another fighter on this card
Cesar Almeida is 123 best middleweight in Brazil, doesn’t even have a world wide ranking

1 Like
1 Like

bump

Allen banged with Curtis and took the Bearjew down.
That’s the level of fight IQ he boasts.
He’s a super well rounded fighter but he’ll most likely trade with Curtis again. Which will go badly for him

Allen beats Curtis in rematch. Im 100% sure

1 Like

Curtis is smart. He doesn’t come out with his big bombs. Early in fights he lets you get comfy.
He figures if you beat him standing up while you set up the takedown that you may decide to just stay standing.
Then he sees the hook there but doesn’t throw it. He waits til it’s perfect. Then boom.
If Allen still doesn’t get this then it goes the same way.

2 Likes

Nice breakdown, I think Allen finds the back and thats it. Kids improving quickly

2 Likes

UFC_Fight_Night_Allen_vs_Curtis_poster

Also Norma Dumont has missed weight 3 times In the UFC.
Missed weight twice at 135
And also missed weight at 145.

This fight is at 135 and she has only made 135 ONCE in her life, and that was her first ever pro fight…

Cut that fat cunt if she fails to make weight again.

I know @HYBRID_JON will agree

2 Likes