Fight showed more about JDS than Cain. Lost in r1

Credit to Cain for winning the belt decisively.

I must say though that the fight had shades of Sylvia Couture with a big shot in the first pretty much killing the fight as a spectacle.

JDS has a chin and conditioning and clearly can keep any fight on the feet for an extended period against the best wrestlers.

The major issue was his defensive boxing. Left his chin hanging many times and got hit with a fight ending shot to the chin. He has a very stiff European style upright stance and just needs to defend better and I think he can win his belt back. Got complacent.

Regardless of what Rogan said about JDS cardio and other crap. Cain won because he outstruck JDS and hit him with a mammoth shot in the first. If I was JDS I would get less cocky about my hands and protect my head and take many positives from what seems a horrible night.

Can't believe people writing off JDS thinking Cain wont be beaten. Cains shot in the first was a fight ender. Can see JDS getting his belt back if Cain is champ when he gets a title shot. Phone Post

JDS' ability to get back to his feet is unreal. Maybe the best ever in the sport IMO. Certainly something to build off of. Imagine a guy like that with some Sakuraba transition submission game... Now that's evolution.

Curious that JDS did not try to work his guard at all. We still don't know how Cain's top game is against a solid guard. JDS is a BJJ black belt isn't he?

No really criticizing as much as observing. JDS' best chance of winning was by KO. Phone Post

MrColdCock - 

JDS' ability to get back to his feet is unreal. Maybe the best ever in the sport IMO. Certainly something to build off of. Imagine a guy like that with some Sakuraba transition submission game... Now that's evolution.

Curious that JDS did not try to work his guard at all. We still don't know how Cain's top game is against a solid guard. JDS is a BJJ black belt isn't he?

No really criticizing as much as observing. JDS' best chance of winning was by KO. Phone Post

I dont know how he was able to get back to his feet in a way that looks so effortless. He has that Chuck Liddell thing goin for him where it appears he just fuckin stands up.

Anyways I cant wait to see these two go at it again. I know by the time they fight again JDS will have work on his overall game (I hope at least). I'd like to say that the fight would have been different if JDS's jaw didnt break but I think thats taking away from the fact that Cain broke JDS's jaw and it wasnt injured leading up to the fight.

The trilogy should be awesome for sure and I cant wait to see it.