fight/upset/moment of year picks

who do you think is the upset of the year, fight of the year and the moment of the year?

for fight i'd say pacquiao and marquez

upset of the year: danny williams over mike tyson

moment: either the site of tyson just staring at the ref as he is counted out or tarver asking jones if he has any excuses during the prefight instructions.

On 8/13/2004- Yamplier AZCUY at +2000 betting Odds over J.C GOMEZ who was 37-0 and Ranked #2 in World.

Gomez was the house fighter. Azcuy had never even fought a 10 round bout before, and was 10wins -1 loss with only 7 KO's. Not even ranked in Top 100.

Azcuy stuns ex-champ Gomez!
Unheralded Yamplier Azcuy scored a shocking first round technical knockout over previously undefeated 37-0 WBC #2 ranked heavyweight Juan Carlos Gomez Friday night at the Entertainment Center in Laredo, Texas. Azcuy staggered Gomez, a former WBC cruiser titlist, with a right hand, then went right hand crazy, throwing at least a dozen more before referee Rafael Ramos jumped in to stop the fight after just 1:46 of fighting. Gomez was certainly getting hit, but never went down and didn't appear that hurt. Azcuy improves to 11-1 with 7 KOs. Gomez falls to 37-1 with 31 KOs.

&

Same night.......not even a line on it........

Late sub Sanchez upsets Candelo!
By Ralph Gonzalez at ringside
IBF #5 jr middleweight J.C. Candelo got more than he bargained for when he faced late sub Eddie Sanchez Friday night at Pechanga Entertainment Center in Temecula, California. Sanchez (12-3-1) upset Candelo by unanimous decision in an absolute shocker. The elongated 6'2 Sanchez, who replaced unbeaten Joachim Alcine after Alcine failed a medical test, took the fight to Candelo for the first five rounds. Candelo dropped the Sanchez in the sixth and both traded heavy shots in the closing rounds of an exciting fight. Scores were 115-112, 117-110, 118-109, all for Sanchez. Considering he had just seven hours notice, it was an amazing effort for Sanchez, who recently defeated WBO #1 welter Jose Celaya

I think those are two of the bigger upsets, but the guys arent household names.

Bewster over Klits and Willaims over Tyson were pretty big.

Berrerra beating Morales may have been most memorable rubber match.

azcuy/gomez came to mind oddswise but i didn't choose it because they aren't household names whereas everyone knows iron mike

Fight - Morales v Barrera III

Upset - Glen Johnson v Roy Jones

Moment - The comeback of Tito Trinidad

'Moment - The comeback of Tito Trinidad'

Excellent choice. He won so convincingly I spaced that bout. Pac vs Marquez was great bout as well.

There is alotta good stuff in boxing, shame general public always hear about the bad stuff. Such is life. :(

Edler/Burton was definately the FOTY for Showtime. I just think that fights like Morales/Barrera & Pac/Marquez where contested on a higher level therefor there was a little more drama in those battles.

my fight of the year is either Elder and Burton or Steve Murray vs Martin Watson on Shobox in the spring from England. Murray knocks the unbeaten Watson down in the first minute of the fight, and for the most part the next 9 2/3 rounds are fought in give and take phone booth type warfare. Morales-Barrera will get the nod from the writers because they are elite level fighters, but Elder-Burton was the most dramatic ending I remember this year. I thought Elder was DONE and Burton was a body shot or two away from victory.

fighter of the year IMO is probably Corrales.
Upset of the year IMO-Danny Williams over Tyson.
Round of the year: round 12 of Elder-Burton
Prospect of the year: Mighty Mike Arnaoutis
Comeback fighter of the year: Trinidad

"pac man got ROBBED royally verse jmm so i can't vote for that. it was a sham"

Gator, pac man won like 3 rounds in that fight. After the first round knockdown fiasco, JMM took him to school.

Hopkins drops the Olympic champion in a heap of pain:

Brutal liver shot.  B-Hop shows the world he's no pancake.  Oops, that's I-HOP  :)

fighter of the year is without a doubt glen johnson. diego corrales second.

I'm having a hard time voting for fight of the year because none of them really stand out in my mind this yr. This is the first in a while.

My upset and moment are the exact same one. RJJ being KO'd round 2 by Tarver. I'll never forget that. RJJ was a god in boxing for my generation. It was impossible to imagine him losing let alone getting KO'd in 2 rounds. It was surreal, and therefore moment and upset of the yr.