Fight Week: Lomachenko vs Haney

He’s beaten all the top fighters possible up until 135. Rigondeaux was an A fighter.

He’s naturally a 130 pound fighter that challenged himself and moved up to 135. Mayweather was on record saying Tank wasn’t ready for Loma.

He had an injured shoulder and still had a close loss to Teófimo.

He could be campaigning at 130 where he belongs and just fight mandatories… but he opted to fight these much bigger guys.

10 Likes

Haney is boring af. Hopefully they have gotten a ref that will be hard on holding for this one.

5 Likes

Probably not. Arum is hoping he re-signs with him so he can make Shakur vs Haney. Loma isn’t winning a decision imo

1 Like

Fight Week!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SteveKim323/status/1657901153873715200?s=20

4 Likes

Too bad lol

1 Like

Confession; The reason I posted that last tweet, both in this thread, and in the sweet science thread, is because I misread it.

I thought it said; 'It but my guess is it IS (Tony) Weeks ',

So, I thought it was more interesting, than it actually is! lol

1 Like

It’s an honest mistake lol. I has to reread it also

1 Like

Unfortunately I think Haney wins. Rooting hard for Loma though.

3 Likes

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

4 Likes

I know it’s difficult to get excited, for Lomachenko vs Haney, after we just had that big Jair Rozenstruik UFC card, but hey, give these guys a chance, would ya!

1 Like

Haney is gonna be a lot bigger than Loma and will try to clinch him the entire fight. Hopefully Loma can move around him enough and box him up. I don’t know shit bout boxing though.

2 Likes

Haney claims Loma is a dirty fighter lol. Loma can make it rough on the inside I think it’ll mess with Haney

3 Likes

I hope so. I would love to see Loma school him, but as a complete boxing casual I don’t have any idea how likely that is to happen. A couple of years ago the boxing seemed to market Loma as this invinsible freak of nature.

2 Likes

Honesty he’s best chance is to stay inside of Haney’s reach and just make it rough on the inside. Haney is going to clinch when he feels uncomfortable.

2 Likes

118-110 Haney

1 Like

Haney is just too big and has good fight IQ like it or not…if Loma has no respect for his power and comes out gunning i might change my mind…i dont think he will…he’ll be as timid as he was vs Teo

2 Likes

Just days after losing his lightweight championship unification bout to Teofimo Lopez Jr., Vasiliy Lomachenko underwent shoulder surgery. The procedure was to repair Lomachenko’s right shoulder and should keep him out of the gym until early 2021, according to Yahoo Sports’ Kevin Iole.

1 Like

Uh Huh Sure GIF