Fighter Contracts...Is this typical??

"The dispute stems from a clause in Nam's contract that gives Bellator matching rights on offers from other promotions 18 months after its expiration."

I'm confused about this. So let's say UFC offered him a 3 fight contract that starts at $5k a fight and can go up to $15K for the third fight if he wins his first two.

If Bellator matches the contract, do they have to match all three clauses? And if they do, can the fighter still sign with UFC or do they have to sign with Belator? What if the fighter does not want to sign with Bellator? Do they have to retire? Wtf Phone Post

Contracts fighters sign do not normally have clauses to go up with wins. If you see a guy with an 8/8 or 16/16 he's usually there until the end of it.

That's why you'll hear guys like creepy defending his pay because his contract is for x fights at 8/8 but as he wins he gets more money we don't see. It's also why sometimes you'll see a guy on the undercard getting 32/32. He's likely getting no undisclosed extra money because he's already making more than he should for his success currently. Phone Post

Oh and sorry I didn't answer the question. I don't know if it's in all fighters but is in many. Lombard had the same issue.
I believe the UFC gave him some sort of ppv cut which bellator had no way of matching. Phone Post

I dont see how you can have a matching clause for a guy who never fought for them once.

They didnt honor any part of contract on their side. Didnt offer him a single fight. Phone Post

Dreamer - I dont see how you can have a matching clause for a guy who never fought for them once.

They didnt honor any part of contract on their side. Didnt offer him a single fight. Phone Post

Well this is one of the reasons I'm asking. Even if Bellator matches the contract, do they have to tell you when your first fight will be?

What if the match it and put you on the sidelines for 6 months before you fight?? Phone Post

SupesUp - Contracts fighters sign do not normally have clauses to go up with wins. If you see a guy with an 8/8 or 16/16 he's usually there until the end of it.

That's why you'll hear guys like creepy defending his pay because his contract is for x fights at 8/8 but as he wins he gets more money we don't see. It's also why sometimes you'll see a guy on the undercard getting 32/32. He's likely getting no undisclosed extra money because he's already making more than he should for his success currently. Phone Post

Actually im more interested in finding our if they have to match every clause of the contract or just specific aspects

An increasing pay scale contract isn't the issue. I just wanted to give an example Phone Post

They didnt honor the contract so he shouldnt be expected to. Phone Post

SupesUp - 

Contracts fighters sign do not normally have clauses to go up with wins. If you see a guy with an 8/8 or 16/16 he's usually there until the end of it.

Everything you posted is completely and totally false.