Fighter showboats like Diaz, gets KOed

chaplinshouse -  i think it's only douchey if you have douchey intent.  Nick does it because he takes it very personal that you are trying to make him your bitch in front of the world.  if you're just a flashy guy trying to gain attention and doing it for PR/fake/'loogit me' reasons, then yes SUPER douchey.  It has to come from the heart.  The Diaz brothers really believe in their heart that you are trying to punk them in front of the world (which at it's core, is 100% accurate) so for them that is VERY personal.  They will respond by trying to humiliate you in return.  it's raw and genuine and that's why i love it. 

The way i see it is they are the only ones doing the punking.

Its a professional sport with elite athletes. They sign contracts in which they are competing. No one is purposely going out there to try to humiliate anyone except the Diaz brothers.

No need to act like it's a fist fight behind your local stab N Jab bar for the rights to take home the local barfly.

The other fighter deserves to be in there just as much as they do, and at this level, has put in their dues and blood and sweat in training.

No need to act like a bitch to them because you are too immature to handle competition without it.

I guess i just believe in more of a code of honor and class when it comes to competition and martial arts and not mean mugging and thuggery.

The Diaz's are crazy skilled and talented fighters. There is no need for that kind of bullshit, imo.

To each his own though :)

chaplinshouse -  i think it's only douchey if you have douchey intent.  Nick does it because he takes it very personal that you are trying to make him your bitch in front of the world.  if you're just a flashy guy trying to gain attention and doing it for PR/fake/'loogit me' reasons, then yes SUPER douchey.  It has to come from the heart.  The Diaz brothers really believe in their heart that you are trying to punk them in front of the world (which at it's core, is 100% accurate) so for them that is VERY personal.  They will respond by trying to humiliate you in return.  it's raw and genuine and that's why i love it. 

Well said Phone Post

Wow, you people are ignorant. Everybody knows the Diaz style of taunting is mostly a psychological tactic. That's why they often show respect to the guy once the fight is over. They use it as a weapon, nothing more. Although I'm sure there have been occasions where they truly didn't like the guy.

tonytr - Wow, you people are ignorant. Everybody knows the Diaz style of taunting is mostly a psychological tactic. That's why they often show respect to the guy once the fight is over. They use it as a weapon, nothing more. Although I'm sure there have been occasions where they truly didn't like the guy.

Daley/Shamrock?

Disrespect?

We're watching fights....not a bunch of geezers knitting sweaters.

Stu Cazzo - Disrespect?

We're watching fights....not a bunch of geezers knitting sweaters.

Like I said, to each his own.

It has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Stupid "article".

It was well after he put his hands down and had readied himself again. Makes it sound like he got KO'd while doing it. Phone Post

random_perv - 

Not really like Nick. Phone Post

yeah, never seen Nick backing away from an exchange with his hands out...

sucks...Shai is one of my fav up and coming ammy fighters too.  He normally does not have the bleach hair mohawk like a tool.

Really good kid, very polite, shy like his name.  Great story too.  He was the janitor/desk guy at tapout gym and everyone kind of teased him.  After his first fight when he won via head kick, he kind of stepped out of beig the janitor/desk guy.

Now it's called house of ryu, but same building.  Shai is 2-2 and both of his losses were sketchy.  He lost a decision to 10th planet riverside and this loss.  Both of his wins were absolutely dominating though.  This kid has insane striking/boxing.  Was a shawn tompkins student and has some unknown boxing fights in mexico or somewhere outside of vegas as well.

sorry for the long bio, but I'm a big fan of shai 

Since when did Diaz showboat? Phone Post

MisterMr - Only Nick Diaz can do that without getting knocked the fuck out. Lesson learned for other fighters.

That being said, Diaz won rounds 1, 2 and 5.

And Nate. And Diaz did win those rounds. Phone Post

DanEzra - Aside from the large skill difference, Diaz usually does it to get his opponent to engage... this guy was retreating off the cage after eating a big combo.

Dumb (but entertaining).

My point exactly not even remotely close to what nick does this dude was getting his ass beat and looking for a way out imo Phone Post

Sub. Phone Post

The taunting move is both a tactical and psychological tool. You can bet they train it.

Jack mentions the technique here: http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-143-striking-breakdown-nick-diaz-vs-carlos-condit/

In addition to his brilliant jab and body work, Diaz also draws punches better than any fighter in the sport — sticking his chin out and raising his hands in the taunting posture that has become iconic in MMA fight photography. As soon as his opponents attempt to punch his head he slips or parries and counters with a salvo of his own blows.

zedlepln - 

The taunting move is both a tactical and psychological tool. You can bet they train it.

Jack mentions the technique here: http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-143-striking-breakdown-nick-diaz-vs-carlos-condit/

In addition to his brilliant jab and body work, Diaz also draws punches better than any fighter in the sport — sticking his chin out and raising his hands in the taunting posture that has become iconic in MMA fight photography. As soon as his opponents attempt to punch his head he slips or parries and counters with a salvo of his own blows.

great post

I didn't think it was taunting - looked more like when guys get hit hard a few times they smile at their opponent to make them think that they weren't affected. Same thing here.

heheh

Tru -  sucks...Shai is one of my fav up and coming ammy fighters too.  He normally does not have the bleach hair mohawk like a tool.

Really good kid, very polite, shy like his name.  Great story too.  He was the janitor/desk guy at tapout gym and everyone kind of teased him.  After his first fight when he won via head kick, he kind of stepped out of beig the janitor/desk guy.

Now it's called house of ryu, but same building.  Shai is 2-2 and both of his losses were sketchy.  He lost a decision to 10th planet riverside and this loss.  Both of his wins were absolutely dominating though.  This kid has insane striking/boxing.  Was a shawn tompkins student and has some unknown boxing fights in mexico or somewhere outside of vegas as well.

sorry for the long bio, but I'm a big fan of shai 

Not sure how this loss was "sketchy"

Was a good fight up to him getting caught.  Tough kid.

Chimonos Revenge - 
Stu Cazzo - Nick doesn't showboat.....he taunts.

Big difference.

There is?

Both are douchey

Yes, they are very different.

Diaz taunts to force his opponent to engage which plays to his advantage. This guy's opponent clearly had no qualms and was actively engaging.

When the Diaz's do it it's a tactic, not a "you didn't hurt me" ploy.
When they eat a good punch or kick you never see them do that in response. They just fight.

which may explain why in all those pics illustrating it..they won all of those fights except 1.
and alot of people think Nick won the Condit fight.