Fighters are not true elite athletes

Hecklah -
HollywoodHondaHousey -
Rickmeister - No offence, but at the end of the day most of them couldn't perform at a high level at their first choice of sport.
As seen in one of the so called greatest LHW not even being able to dunk, with his height and wing span.
There's a reason the vertical jump is one of the most important assessment tools for explosiveness and genetic potential, which can't be trained as it is too much related to the wiring of the Central nervous system amongst other things.
Every ufc champ would get raped at the NFL combine and those are college dudes.
Still nothing taking away from the toughness of fighters, and their willingness to work hard. But true athletes they are not. Don't care what anyone says, who has neither a degree or two in exercise science and kinesiology like myself and more importantly who isn't training like an athlete himself, you cheeto munching, red tube watching chronic masturbators. Of course I'm not talking about everyone on here, but if you feel offended you're definitely part of it. Phone Post 3.0
With this logic, Matt mitrione should be the UFC champion. Phone Post 3.0
Meathead beats Cain 2015 Phone Post 3.0
Meathead wasn't even close to being top in the nfl.
And considering how little formal training he has, he is doing quite well.
If anything that just proves my point. Phone Post 3.0

Rickmeister - That's not even taking psychological evaluations into account, where again I don't know how stable most of those people are, with all those back stories coming out. Not that the NFL doesn't have scandals, but it has a lot more people under contract. Phone Post 3.0
Right because the NFL didn't sweep Ray rice under the rug and pretend they had no idea what happened. Phone Post 3.0

Rickmeister - 4.26 40 yard dash - nope
51 reps 225 bench press - nope (not even Brock could come close to that)
42 inch vertical - haha not even sure Mighty Mouse is that tall
11'2" broad jump - again not even close
6.47 three come drill - not that anyone here thinks it even matters for mma, but again no
3.81 twenty yard shuttle - hell no
10.72 sixty yard shuttle - nope
And those are records of scouting numbers of COLLEGE kids to assess the overall most gifted athletes by the most prestigious sports league in the world. (Stfu euro football nerds)
No current or past UFC champ could even perform close to that. That's enough evidence for everyone with half a brain.
The few Olympics who competed are rejects or were way past their athletic prime once they actually entered mma.
Where's Sanderson if DC is such a super stud? Besides he didn't even win gold anyways. Phone Post 3.0
So single individual records each hit by as different person who was training for those specific events is the pinnacle of an athlete. Op you suck fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of and stop starting ridiculous threads.

OP should have been swallowed he contributes nothing of value to the world and is a waste of precious oxygen. Phone Post 3.0

Rick does it hurt to be as stupid as you are? lol you are off the tard scale!

Rickmeister - 4.26 40 yard dash - nope
51 reps 225 bench press - nope (not even Brock could come close to that)
42 inch vertical - haha not even sure Mighty Mouse is that tall
11'2" broad jump - again not even close
6.47 three come drill - not that anyone here thinks it even matters for mma, but again no
3.81 twenty yard shuttle - hell no
10.72 sixty yard shuttle - nope
And those are records of scouting numbers of COLLEGE kids to assess the overall most gifted athletes by the most prestigious sports league in the world. (Stfu euro football nerds)
No current or past UFC champ could even perform close to that. That's enough evidence for everyone with half a brain.
The few Olympics who competed are rejects or were way past their athletic prime once they actually entered mma.
Where's Sanderson if DC is such a super stud? Besides he didn't even win gold anyways. Phone Post 3.0

Where are the "UFC champs" numbers?
You can't just put numbers up there and say "I bet they couldn't do that" then act like you won an argument. Also you couldn't tell me that GSP wouldnt do well in the NFL Phone Post

Why even point this out when it's pretty damn obvious.

It's like you're some kind of nostrodamus, even though this thread is made on a monthly basis.

You'll obviously upset some people, but the talent pool just isn't that deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPk2zl5s6xM

Idiot Phone Post 3.0

Rickmeister - No offence, but at the end of the day most of them couldn't perform at a high level at their first choice of sport.
As seen in one of the so called greatest LHW not even being able to dunk, with his height and wing span.
There's a reason the vertical jump is one of the most important assessment tools for explosiveness and genetic potential, which can't be trained as it is too much related to the wiring of the Central nervous system amongst other things.
Every ufc champ would get raped at the NFL combine and those are college dudes.
Still nothing taking away from the toughness of fighters, and their willingness to work hard. But true athletes they are not. Don't care what anyone says, who has neither a degree or two in exercise science and kinesiology like myself and more importantly who isn't training like an athlete himself, you cheeto munching, red tube watching chronic masturbators. Of course I'm not talking about everyone on here, but if you feel offended you're definitely part of it. Phone Post 3.0
I love this thread. OP trying to rile everyone up real good.

but I disagree. Just because they don't play football or basketball does not mean they aren't athletes.

Using your logic, you couldn't name very many people that are elite athletes unless they are able to jump into a different sport and dominate. Not everyone can be Bo Jackson or Hershey Walker. Phone Post 3.0

"red tube watching chronic masturbators" ...so you're saying you don't think it's important to train grip strength?

I'm 260, only train in mma and just regular fitness work outs and have better cardio than alot of my friends (wrestlers excluded those guys are freaks) from 165 and up. Fighters are some of the best athletes, the exercises we do are on parr with swimming because you have every muscle in your body working in unison plus the cardio respiratory system is on over drive. It's hard to call a Fighter less of an athlete than a NFL player, fighters fight for 15 or 25 minutes the average play lasts 8-15 seconds tops and if you get tired in football someone can come in and replace you till you feel better. In conclusion, OP is definitely a phaggot. Phone Post 3.0

376 pounds elite athlete and former champion tim Sylvia.
What an athlete. Phone Post 3.0

So fighters dont score as well as nfl players on a system designed specifically to measure the performance of football players?! SHOCKING!

Next thing you'll tell me that chinese kids outperform american kids in Mandarin-language speech contests. Phone Post 3.0

ChaosOverkill -

Thats a classic! Phone Post 3.0

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - good, "athletes" are what is ruining this thing we call mma.
Yup btw

Fighter>athlete any day of the week in terms of physical skills that matter Phone Post 3.0