Fighters dropping out of OWGP?

"After the Yoshida-Fujita press conference, Sherdog.com asked the DSE President if the fighters for the Open-Weight Grand Prix reserve match-up would be selected from those fighters who failed to make it into the second round.

Mr. Sakakibara said no, anyone could be selected to fight in the reverse position bout. He went on to say that he would like to see this tournament be more of a true "Open-Weight" Grand Prix and hoped that either Chute Boxe fighters Wanderlei Silva (Pictures) or Mauricio Rua (Pictures) would enter the reserve bout or take up replacement position if one of the advancing competitors gets injured before the second round in July."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=4444

Do you think that there is any chance that Sakakibara would ask fighters to drop out of the grand prix, in order to open up spots up for different fighters, to create a true open weight grand prix?

Yeah I think Sakakibara could have one of his goons bend a tire iron around a couple guy's knees if it meant he got to have his way.

I kind of look forward to see who drops out .

I hope Fujita drops out and they pick up a Chute Boxe dude. I heard Fedor doesn't want to partake. Is this true?

I think that as of right now, it is an awesome heavy weight grand prix. I would not mind seeing it stay the way it is right now. But I can see a fighter dropping out for various reasons, to open up a spot for a light heavy weight fighter like Silva or Rua. Having a light heavy weight fighter the caliber of Silva or Rua, could add legitimacy to the event as an open weight grand prix.

TTT

'Yeah I think Sakakibara could have one of his goons bend a tire iron around a couple guy's knees if it meant he got to have his way.'

Tonya Harding works for Pride? Geez first the Yakuza thing now this...