Fighters Respone to UFC Cancellation

Lightweight Joe Lauzon was not scheduled for the card, but wrote a good explanation as to why fighters would be angry about the cancellation.

Not only has this screwed over all the fans that bought tickets, non refundable airfare, took off work, made arrangements, etc… but think of all the fighters. Fighters that put in full camps, flew people in that helped them trains, etc. By the time I am actually fight, I spend close to 20k between corners, flights, expenses, coaches, etc… and then to have the whole show cancelled because ONE guy didn't want to fight. This ONE guy that had trained an entire camp, who was the CHAMP and at the top of his weight class, who was going to fight someone who didn't do the camp, and was fighting UP a weight class.

Well you look at it that way, JBJ might have royally fucked up.

I do understand his decision though. Feeding him someone with a few days notice would have been a joke and if he managed to lose, would be disastrous.

UFC's gotten too big and too much is at stake. Big money fucks everything IMO, and it's a shame.

UFC, serious business.

I think it's our fault. We 'supported the sport', and now it's gotten this big and is just like everything else that has gotten this big.

It kind of sucks.

Fuck.

I have no wish to defend Jones' actions here, but he's not the one who cancelled the card.  The event could have gone on anyway.  It would have been a weaker card, but at least all those fighters wouldn't have been put out in such a way.

^ cause he's a Rockstar!

Something has to change. It's impossible to follow everything now because it's all over the place and most of the fights don't even matter anymore.

Who are the UFC's big stars? Who do you absolutely love?

Nope, they're all cogs in the machine. That makes me way less interested.

I have loved and defended this sport since I saw Royce, and it's always been awesome, but in the last few years not so much.

Shame that.

not jon jones fault that the public doesnt give a shit about the rest of them

they should blame themself for not fighting to a higher standard for people to clamor to see them

Jones owes them nothing, American economy tells its citizens to work in your own self interest - Dana plays all these buffons here using this similar driving force

Jones simply did what he thought was best for him - time will tell if he was wrong

fighters bitching about not being able to fight cause no one gives a shit about them is pretty stupid, smash the people in front of you in an impressive way and you are the king of the mountain and glory awaits you as Jones has accomplished, or stop fighting and take up something else

every other fighter on the card wreaks of mediocrity, they will never be champions there just there to take up space

Kingfanpaul - Why the F would you make a thread saying the exact same thing Joe already said in his own thread.

Because it was a good point. Chill out. Phone Post

Kostakio - 
Kingfanpaul - Why the F would you make a thread saying the exact same thing Joe already said in his own thread.

Seriously.  Some people get way too offended about what threads get created on message boards.  Go out and get some fresh air, already!

Fuck in Japan nobody knew who they were fighting till a week out.
Old school was so much better those were real men. Phone Post

real men fighting luche libres and giant silva lmao

RLL - 
UGCTT_Zaph -
Kostakio - 

Seriously.  Some people get way too offended about what threads get created on message boards.  Go out and get some fresh air, already!

You gotta realize how weird it was for this guy to take a paragraph from another thread and make a new post... without anything added to it to make a new point... weird. Phone Post

Oh, he literally lifted it from the other thread?

Yeah, I gotta admit, that's weird.  I thought the guy was just exaggerating about "the exact same thing" to make a point.  My mistake.

^ Yeah, sorry about my own earlier comment.  That was weird and I see your point.  I thought you were just one of those people complaining about multiple threads on one single topic.  OP's lack of quotation marks made me miss the fact that he was quoting Lauzon directly.

That has nothing to do with Jones. Thats the UFC's fault for putting on a card that was so weak.

RJJH - 
UGCTT_Winnson - Something has to change. It's impossible to follow everything now because it's all over the place and most of the fights don't even matter anymore.

Who are the UFC's big stars? Who do you absolutely love?

Nope, they're all cogs in the machine. That makes me way less interested.

I have loved and defended this sport since I saw Royce, and it's always been awesome, but in the last few years not so much.

Shame that.

its like I am watching a create-a-fighter from the video game 8 out of 10 fights on every event!

zero emotional investment   =  zero interest

90% of the UFC's fighters are cookie cutter they all look the same and fight the same.

Lot of truth in that.