Fighters that don't use weights?

Hey guys I was wondering what fighters don't lift weights? Do any of you guys not lift and just do body weight exercises? And also do you think you can build muscle and strength without weights and how would you go about doing that? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

ttt

I never really lifted, i'd rather do MMA sparring to gain muscle. Besides some of the muscles you get from grappling you can't work out.

I believe you can get away not lifting and just doing exercises.

I don't think Rickson and many other Gracies lifted...

Uno, Shoji and their old Wajutsu teammates didn't lift.

Carlos Newton said he never used to touch weights

The fighters that lose

if newton never lifted that just goes to show you how important GENETICS are when it comes to muscle and getting/staying lean..

Royce Gracie

Manny Pacquiao doesn't lift weights and never has in his career. When he was at like 120 there was no point and as he has moved up he's just added weight naturally without lifting. As much as he works out (boxing) he's just naturally shredded at 147.

actually royce once said he does weights on a radio show. or at least he was doing em at the time

didn't Koscheck state previously that he no longer lifts?

"The fighters that lose."

+1

Ive seen videos of Royce pumping iron.

Just based off his noodle arms I'd say Nate Diaz.

+1 for "The fighters that lose."

What good reason could there possibly be for not lifting weights?

Saku12 - didn't Koscheck state previously that he no longer lifts?

Correct.

Jeremy Horn?

Does Anderson lift?

inf0 -  lmfao @ not using weights.. wtf.. anybody who wants to improve their strength should lift weights.

George Foreman disagrees with you.

xakx - I never really lifted, i'd rather do MMA sparring to gain muscle. Besides some of the muscles you get from grappling you can't work out.

I believe you can get away not lifting and just doing exercises.

I don't think Rickson and many other Gracies lifted...

If I'm getting all the rolling/wrestling/sparring I like, it replaces half my lifting routine.

Working those muscles any more would just be overtraining.

[quote]DannyOcean - Manny Pacquiao doesn't lift weights and never has in his career. When he was at like 120 there was no point and as he has moved up he's just added weight naturally without lifting. As much as he works out (boxing) he's just naturally shredded at 147.[/quote] 

he lifts a little now

fitch has stated he stopped lifting after coming to aka