Fighters to get 50% of UFC NFT sales

, ,

The two fighters in the bout will split 50% of whatever it sells for.

3 Likes

Not sure how many Alpha nerds are on here, but this is like the UFC giving their hardest workers a Beanie Baby named after them. NFT’s are THE MOST retarded investment I have ever seen. It’s literally gambling, and or, taking advantage of ignorant people with money. If you’re ok with either of those choices, by all means, get it while the gettings good.

7 Likes

Nah, I wouldn’t call it gambling. Somewhat maybe…real cards are literally gambling.

NFTs are more like a literal Ponzi scheme.

5 Likes

mate of mine today likened NFTs to Martin Screlli (sp?) buying the only wu tang clan album they produced. he has the rights on what to do with it. he can mass produce it if he likes. gleen whatever benefit it’s worth.

so an NFT, not really sure what the UFC will sell. famous pictures/action shots?

does seem daft. bitcoin the same. but maybe these counter intuitive fuckwitted things will dominate the future. christ on a bike.

1 Like

That’s not how copyright works.

Shkreli didn’t have the copyright of the album to do what he pleases with it.

UFC already had NFTs which are just digital versions of the cards you can buy.

This new one is going to be basically gifs, short clips of various fight moments.

It’s stupid and you don’t own shit. And your version of this clip can be had be absolutely anyone who wants it, it just wouldn’t be the “official” NFT you “own”.

4 Likes

This is the dumbest shit ever created

10 Likes

You’re making no sense. Why does any of that matter to the fighters? They are getting paid.

Your beanie baby example is retarded because it equates it as if they get the NFT’s, when they actually get half of the revenue generated by the NFT’s. So they aren’t being paid in beanie babies. They da re being paid in dollars.

3 Likes

Not much.

You may see some stupid looking huge sales early of like some low serial numbered McGregor or some shit, and he may get a little money but don’t get too excited.

I looked up their NBA offering (same company) and they charge a 5% fee on sales.

Let’s say UFC gets half that, and then the fighter half of UFC’s share.

This will probably be a bunch of NFTs selling for like $10 giving the fighter a whopping $0.125 on the transaction.

The Conor example, if it goes really nuts once and and say #1/5,000 sells for $100,000, Conor gets $2,500. And that won’t be happening.

Not a lot to gain here sadly.

2 Likes

The NBA is nothing like the UFC’s model. The UFC would be getting the great majority of the selling price, and the fighters get half of that.
Also, the NBA sold more than $750k in just Top Shot NFT’s in 2021, and they didn’t start until June

So they’re getting 50% of all pack sales? How will they divide that up? They have an example of Ngannou but if it’s packs do they split evenly with everyone involved?

How many fighters in this?

If they sold $500,000 and UFC got $250,000 and fighters got half that for $125,000 that’s like $2,500 per fighter if there’s only 50 involved and there are certainly going to be more.

This just reeks of another Reebok deal.

“Fighters get paid!”…like a couple grand.

All money is good money and I’d take it if you’re giving but I don’t see a path to this being anything mind blowing for them.

As I understand it there are NFTs that have utility. What’s the utility with the UFCs or NBAs NFTs? Please someone enlighten me why anyone would pay to own a gif. What’s the difference to just buying a stock photo? They’ll give me a license of ownership just the same. Serious question

money laundering through NFT’s

5 Likes

50% of nothing :joy:

1 Like

There’s honestly no difference other than one being “official”.

People argue that you wouldn’t want a photocopy of like a Jordan or Mantle rookie card or something and that’s why NFTs matter but I think it’s dumb.

Even further, there are NFTs where what you own is basically a link and that’s it. So if one day they lost the license for that sport, you might just wind up owning a link to nothing.

Amazing.

People like having things that have numbers attached to them.

And money laundering.

5 Likes

I didn’t say mind-blowing, just that they are getting real money, not “beanie babies.”

Correct, paid for around a year, until the NFT’s are as useless as Beanie Babies. You know another retarded investment fad. I can see you have no idea what you’re talking about, or how any of this works, so it’s understandable how the analogy was beyond your comprehension.

2 Likes

Nobody said they are being paid in Beanie Babies. Good God, I struck an uneducated nerve with you. I apologize.

Perfectly said

Lol. Ok buddy. Carry on with your nonsense. Who gives a fuck what they are worth after you’ve been paid for them?

A better analogy would be that you are the “beanie babies” of this forum. A joke and having no value

2 Likes

That was cute, watching your edit pop up on your original comment because you posted out of pure rage lol

1 Like