Fighters who never lived up to the hype?

KingMeNow - Wow. No mention of these two. Dunham and Oliver's. Those guys had mma hardcore's saying these two are future champs. Especially Dunham after the sherk fight Phone Post 3.0
I may be remembering the sherk Dunham fight wrong but I thought Dunham should have lost Phone Post 3.0

Arlovskis Chin - I have no idea how Brock lesnar is mentioned in this thread twice already. Phone Post 3.0
According to his athleticism and credentials he should still be the hwt champ Phone Post 3.0

UFC shogun Phone Post 3.0

caseharts - 
orcus - I'm going to get in early and say "Khabib".
He's a top 5 light weight. He has already warranted and earned all his hype. Not Becoming champ wouldn't mean he didn't live up to the hype. Phone Post 3.0

Considering you've got half the forum referring to him as "the uncrowned champ", it certainly would. Are you seriously saying the hype around Khabib was that he could one day beat Dos Anjos? Come on man.

RJJH -

you could make an arguement for BJ Penn.

even though he is one of my favorite fighters I dont think he came close to his apex

Jesus Christ, I fucking knew it. I just fucking knew it... Phone Post 3.0

caseharts -
KingMeNow - Wow. No mention of these two. Dunham and Oliver's. Those guys had mma hardcore's saying these two are future champs. Especially Dunham after the sherk fight Phone Post 3.0
I may be remembering the sherk Dunham fight wrong but I thought Dunham should have lost Phone Post 3.0
He lost, but should have won. Phone Post 3.0

Dustin Hazelett

UFC Crocop

Dave Terrell
Renato Verrisimo (sp)

stephen wonderboy thompson

Pettis Bros POORtrait Tattoos - 

stephen wonderboy thompson

Isn't this a bit early to say?

Stephen Wonderboy Thompson isnt going to do much in the Ufc...he isnt even dominating guys standing up so he isnt going to do much at all when he is paired with better grapplers..

Bob Sapp Phone Post 3.0

Michael Bisping

Mayhem Miller

Jonathan Brookins

Jake Shields

Akiyama

Aaron Becker -
Arlovskis Chin - I have no idea how Brock lesnar is mentioned in this thread twice already. Phone Post 3.0
According to his athleticism and credentials he should still be the hwt champ Phone Post 3.0
au contraire, he fulfilled his hype very quickly. And big part of his last two performances were his disease. Phone Post 3.0

Todd Duffee, Michael Bisping. Phone Post 3.0

caseharts -
I feel the same way. He lost 2-1 for me. Then after that the floodgates were released. I still don't get it. Phone Post 3.0

If Uriah hall keeps going on the trend he's going you can add him to this list Phone Post 3.0

Court McGee Phone Post

Kid Yammoto (UFC) Phone Post

Galanis -

Justin Lawrence

Made I even took the bait on Lawrence the way he buzz sawed through his first two opponents on TUF. In his defense Micheal Chiesa has turned out to be a force in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0