fighters who smoke cigs

I was just going by his interviews,thats why I said I believe.

2-4 packs hmm lets not exaggerate now

coleman smoked up until the pete williams fight!!

"switch to dipping" - I seriously hope nobody tries that. You'll just end up smoking AND dipping.

Try drinking water after you eat to get the strong tastes out of your mouth. You can do it, you just need to figure out how.

I never had any lung problems. I quit, because of costs. I love smoking, now I dip which is alot cheaper and lasts longer. I never once in my life of 10 plus years of smoking ever woke up with a cough or coughed up black stuff, I guess I was lucky.

The greatest mix martial artist of all time is a Chain smoker.

the 39...

Hell yeah it's good for your cardio... almost as good as swallowing gasoline and then throwing a lit match down your throat! lol

"let me tell you about another group of hate mongers that were "just following orders"
they were called nazis and the almost wiped an entire race of people off the earth"

CoachTaylor- What should people do instead of smoking? Perhaps chew some Chewly's gum?

I really hope no one does the "quit smoking by starting dipping." I just quit dipping about 6 months ago - it's a bitch. I'm more or less OK now, but still get occasional cravings for it. DO NOT START DIPPING.

Dipping is the most powerful nicotine "delivery system," hence, the most addictive form of tobacco. There is approximately (depending on the brand) the same amount of nicotine in one tin of dip as in 3 to 4 packs of cigarettes. Along with most dippers I know, I used to dip a tin a day - that seems to be the norm with most dippers. That's an assload of nicotine to keep constantly in your blood stream.

I regret that I ever started it, and I'm now so happy that I'm done with it. Don't start that shit.

I am not telling people to dip. It is disgusting, and results in higher blood nicotine levels, which is MORE likely to cause cancer (except for lung cancer). Just stating that it is not the nicotine that is killing cardio, and early on it is not lung damage (I am talking about 20-30 year old smokers, by the time you are 40 you WILL have mild emphasima) but the damage to hemoglobin that is killing you in the ring.

I would have thought that info would have been good motivation for a fighter to quit at least 3 months out from compition.

The one thing that helped me quit smoking cigs was smoking a lot of weed in it's place.

Now I don't know what I'm gonna do when I run out of weed.

Tons dip.

I swear I saw Kerr with a dip in his mouth during "The Smashing Machine."

Anybody else see it?

Dipping is much better socially than smoking, though. I dip at work and all the time, and nobody knows.

it beats stinking up your work space and having people wretch when you walk by.

I used to be a smoker, now that I can smell these people, no wonder i used to get nasty looks in elevators.

sunflower seeds

thanks for the feedback

toddseney is correct

If you can't quit there's something wrong with you. Lots of ordinary people quit everyday, so its not impossible.

My old training partners and I used to spar with guys who smoked a lot. We coined the term "Smoker's position". As in... "toward the end of round 1, he assumed the smoker's position"The smoker's position is when someone is standing and then they bend forward and put their hands on their knees to hold themselves up while they try to get their breath back.It was pathetic.

Good thread.

This will shock some Aussie's if they get this far.

I smoke 1-2 a day (cigs not packs, fuckstain!) and always stop at least a month out from competition. I do notice the difference in my cardio, more the recovery factor than endurance for me.

I know I'm not doing my body or my performance any favours but it's never really been an issue for me. I have quit for months, and years even, at a time. Started when I was about 20 years old. Smoke some pot too when I feel like it.

I don't smoke at work or socially and rarely drink.

Hypocrit that I am, I hate seeing/smelling women that smoke!!!

Regards

Gerald.