Fighters: Why are you supplementing so much?

I keep hearing all of these fighters talking about how much they supplement and why they keep testing positive.

I've been lifting and training since the 90's and still only supplement with protein and the occasional multi.

Food is the best supplement out there, and any nutritionist will get you eating the right foods instead of trying to find your food in a bottle.

What the FUCK are these guys taking and why does anybody keep letting them take it?

Half the shit out there is a fucking scam anyway, and if it's not you probably shouldn't risk taking it.

There is ZERO scientific evidence that vitamins let alone all this crap supplements do a damn thing. THere is actually a recent study indicating that vitamins cause damage.

You are 100% correct Mr. Fro...

Because there have been reported cases where sport supplements such as PWOs, Protein blends, Thermos, and supposed natural test boosters have cause either false positives or have been proven tainted, Fighters use attempt to sway public opinion by using this excuse as a scapegoat. To prove otherwise can be close to impossible

wake up , supplement on way to gym, supplement on way back from gym, nap, supplement, train, supplement, sleep, no time to eat.

ABE FROMAN - I keep hearing all of these fighters talking about how much they supplement and why they keep testing positive.

I've been lifting and training since the 90's and still only supplement with protein and the occasional multi.

Food is the best supplement out there, and any nutritionist will get you eating the right foods instead of trying to find your food in a bottle.

What the FUCK are these guys taking and why does anybody keep letting them take it?

Half the shit out there is a fucking scam anyway, and if it's not you probably shouldn't risk taking it.

I'm probably getting trolled here but you do realize there's a slight difference between having "lifted since the 90's" and being a pro athlete right?

Oh and it's more like 95 % of the "shit out there" that's a scam, doesn't mean supplements can't be useful.

Oh #2, fighters blaming supplements for false positives doesn't really make sense, they're still responsible for what they put in their body.

I find this hard to believe. Aren't u like a bodybuilder. Phone Post

Ive been training and lifting since the 90s lol.

Mismatch - 
ABE FROMAN - I keep hearing all of these fighters talking about how much they supplement and why they keep testing positive.

I'm probably getting trolled here but you do realize there's a slight difference between having "lifted since the 90's" and being a pro athlete right?

Oh and it's more like 95 % of the "shit out there" that's a scam, doesn't mean supplements can't be useful.

Oh #2, fighters blaming supplements for false positives doesn't really make sense, they're still responsible for what they put in their body.

That has jack shit to do with anything, the point was given to show that you don't need supplements for a high level of training, you need food. Especially if you have a nutritionist to target your food.

Also, everything else you said was said in the first post. Next time add something.

For the same reason Mark McGwire had a legal bottle of Andro in his locker; when they piss hot from illegal gear, they have an excape goat in supplements.

Everyone except 14 year olds and people being paid to rep supplements know that they're bullshit.

Charles Poliquin disagrees with you wholeheartedly.

goku -  I find this hard to believe. Aren't u like a bodybuilder. Phone Post
I'm all natural. Supplements aren't neccessary for that.

BonesJonesHeavyweightChamp2014 - Ive been training and lifting since the 90s lol.
I'll chime in on your thread 'I've been carving an ass-wedge into my couch and eating vanilla ice-cream since the 80's'.

Bobby Lupo -  For the same reason Mark McGwire had a legal bottle of Andro in his locker; when they piss hot from illegal gear, they have an excape goat in supplements.

Everyone except 14 year olds and people being paid to rep supplements know that they're bullshit.

Lol @ anyone who doesnt understand this. Nobody actually pisses hot from "tainted supplements," dummies. Phone Post

ABE FROMAN - 
That has jack shit to do with anything, the point was given to show that you don't need supplements for a high level of training, you need food. Especially if you have a nutritionist to target your food.

Also, everything else you said was said in the first post. Next time add something.

At what point did you show that supplements aren't needed for a high level of training? You yourself say you use supplements and from what your post states you're not a pro athlete.

Yes you can train hard and not do any supplements but sometimes supplements are an easier way of getting what you need, as you've probably noticed with taking protein as an example.

With that said a lot of athletes out there are looking to get the upper hand on the competition any way they can including using things that the probably themselves deep down know doesn't work but that they "hope" will make a difference.

Dr Abe Froman, PhD in Broscience Phone Post

whoabro - 
Bobby Lupo -  For the same reason Mark McGwire had a legal bottle of Andro in his locker; when they piss hot from illegal gear, they have an excape goat in supplements.

Lol @ anyone who doesnt understand this. Nobody actually pisses hot from "tainted supplements," dummies. Phone Post
Nobody except Phil Baroni

Bobby Loopz: Einstein of Bro Science

Abe is right. supplements are bullshit and cause more harm than good. people are dumb and think they can hotwire biology. supplement developers prey on this idea that we can get better nutrition from a powder. just eat the proper foods that people have eaten for generations and you will see the same results if not better. lots of lean meats, some friuts and lots of vegetables.

Mismatch - 
ABE FROMAN - 

At what point did you show that supplements aren't needed for a high level of training? You yourself say you use supplements and from what your post states you're not a pro athlete.

Yes you can train hard and not do any supplements but sometimes supplements are an easier way of getting what you need, as you've probably noticed with taking protein as an example.

With that said a lot of athletes out there are looking to get the upper hand on the competition any way they can including using things that the probably themselves deep down know doesn't work but that they "hope" will make a difference.
'Protein powder and an occasional vitamin' is hardly in the catagory of what MMA'ers are putting in their bodies. The title of the thread is 'why are you supplementing so much'? I have yet to hear any MMA'er say I tested positive from muscle milk and an occasional vitamin. Protein is neccessary for building muscle and sometimes you don't get enough food in a day thus you might use a powder sometimes, that shouldn't be an issue if you have a nutrionist. That also has nothing to do with adding something to your diet that's not neccessary. It doesn't sound like you have a point here, just being contrarian?

OaktownWhiteBoy - A quality meal replacement powder like what EAS puts out, Myoplex and creatine work, but for strength gains pro athletes use PED's b/c they work faster and better than natural supplements.

They work at making your farts smell like death and provide some calories....so, there's that.

whoabro -  Dr Abe Froman, PhD in Broscience Phone Post
LMAO!