Fighters will you'll be thankful to have watched?

When I look back at the history of MMA, there are several fighters whose careers I'm glad I got to witness, but at the time I was watching them, I didn't necessarily know I was seeing something special. In many cases I didn't appreciate guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, BJ Penn etc until later in their career.

So my question for the UG is, which of the current crop of fighters will we look back on in 20 years as guys we're thankful to have watched? I'm not talking about guys like Conor, Mighty Mouse or Jon Jones that we already know are doing something special...I'm asking about guys who you think will be the next group of MMA superstars.

Stipe? Max Holloway? Cody Garbrandt? Aaron Pico? Yair? Dooho Choi?

A guy that jumps out to me is Robert Whitaker. He's young in a division of older guys. Rockhold seems to be losing his mind, and I don't see him ever coming back as a 185er who is willing to grind it out and take multiple fights a year in that weight class. Romero is old, Jacare is old, Bisping is old...the only guys in the top 10 not over the age of 30 are Jotko and Whitaker, and it wouldn't be shocking to see everyone in the current top 10 retired in 4-5 years other than those 2.

Anthony Johnston, when is the last time a big dude knocked out so many in the top ten? not to mention his story is pretty crazy.

I made a thread just like this earlier in the year: 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Which-fighter-were-you-luckiest-to-get-to-watch:2628890

I said Cerrone back then and I'd stick with that choice today as well.

I may very well be proven violently wrong, but I think Stipe's current run could be something special. Especially if he ends up setting a new title defense record in the notoriously volatile heavyweight division.

Kimbo Slice

Pretty sure one of the EliteXC events was first MMA I ever watched.

Even though his fights were terrible to awful, I always tuned in, he had a certain draw that can't really be explained, but there are very few fighters currently posses that quality.

RIP

Anderson of course

frankie Edgar 

diego 

vitor

A lot, but Anderson tops the list 

Anderson Silva. 

Frankie, Stipe. I think Stipe will surprise everyone even more. Plus, they both seem like super cool dudes. Anyone remember when Frankie was on that MTV true life show?

McGregor
Diaz
WonderBoy
Penn
Rin Nakai
New York Badass
Andy
Bones
Maia
Hendricks (When he was KOing)
Rumble
TKZ
Aldo (WEC era)

Fedor

Wand (Pride era)

Couture

Anderson Silva

Jones

Rumble

AlabamaSmooth - Not one Sakuraba reference...crazy

Probably because you and others missed the part of the OP where he states the current "new" crop of fighters, not guys who are already undeniable legends.

Anderson, Aldo, GSP, Wand, Vitor

Fedor.

Tony Ferguson, top of the tops contender @ 155 lbs. unofficial interim Champion

Mike Perry, the streets soldier.

Gegard Mousasi, very natural multi-Champion, if he can make the wrestlers work at his pace like he did Weidman then he can probably break through all the bad matchups for him

Kron Gracie, 15-0 MMA record, inherits Rickson's win streak and presence much to the chagrin of those against Global MMA.

Kyle Snyder if he decides to do MMA

AJ McKee 8-0, son of MMA great Antonio McKee

Gerald Meerschaert has finished his last 7 wins since losing a decision to Alvey 3 years ago.

Royce Gracie

Kazushi Sakuraba

Frank Shamrock

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Genki Sudo

GrilliamG -
AlabamaSmooth - Not one Sakuraba reference...crazy

Probably because you and others missed the part of the OP where he states the current "new" crop of fighters, not guys who are already undeniable legends.

Seriously...you and CRE were the only people who read past the thread title.

CRE - Tony Ferguson, top of the tops contender @ 155 lbs. unofficial interim Champion

Mike Perry, the streets soldier.

Gegard Mousasi, very natural multi-Champion, if he can make the wrestlers work at his pace like he did Weidman then he can probably break through all the bad matchups for him

Kron Gracie, 15-0 MMA record, inherits Rickson's win streak and presence much to the chagrin of those against Global MMA.

Kyle Snyder if he decides to do MMA

AJ McKee 8-0, son of MMA great Antonio McKee

Gerald Meerschaert has finished his last 7 wins since losing a decision to Alvey 3 years ago.
What about Slam it in my Askren?

CroCop

Fedor

It's hard to explain how much excitement built up before their fights early on - you knew you were watching something special.

I'm talking about when Mirko dented in Fujita's skull or when Fedor fought Big Daddy...

Chuck!