Fighting Bible Quotes

What quotes do you use firstly to give you faith before fighting? and secondly to justify your chosen sport???
Thanks

the sport doesnt need to be justified. if anyone has to constantly try to justify what they are doing, maybe they shouldnt be doing it in the first place

as far as praying, it seems like the only real prayer to pray would be for safety, and to dedicate the athletics to glorify god. as far as "god wants me to win", i tend to laugh at such a mindset

"Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."

one...two...five..

three, sir

right, three

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

i can do all things through christ who strengthens me - randy couture!!!

"In everything you do, do it for the glory of God!"

Not sure where that is at right now but as soon as I find it I will let you know.

I have always found Jesus' words in Revelation to be particularly badass.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1"

awsome.

it should read "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who teaches my hands to make war and my fingers to fight."

Not trying to get off topic, but I found this line in another post about Couture from the UG......

When I asked Randy if he ever wondered if MMA ever contradicted his Christian faith, He held up his fists and responded, “I have been asked that before. God gave me these gifts. I use them to glorify Him. How I conduct myself outside of the cage or ring shows that I’m a Christian.”

I think it was the Gortiz post about training at TQFC. I respect Randy immensely for standing behind his Christian faith in a sport that seems to be ruled by wanna-be thugs and crude people.

Steve

"When I asked Randy if he ever wondered if MMA ever contradicted his Christian faith, He held up his fists and responded, “I have been asked that before. God gave me these gifts. I use them to glorify Him. How I conduct myself outside of the cage or ring shows that I’m a Christian.”

I think it was the Gortiz post about training at TQFC. I respect Randy immensely for standing behind his Christian faith in a sport that seems to be ruled by wanna-be thugs and crude people.

Steve "

Most correct post I have read in a LONG time. ttt for Steve Loftin.

Thanks.

Steve

I read Paul's quote about not swinging wildly in the air when he fights.

From First Corinthians.

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the amastery• is btemperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible ccrown; but we an dincorruptible•.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep it under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I think that the KJV translation of this passage sucks, but it's all I've got right now. Basically saying that he runs to wins and that when he fights he controls his body instead of swinging into the air.