fighting with contact lenses

anyone else here do it?

soft contacts (disposible kind)

I did...its not ideal...I'm lucky they never popped out because I can't see shit without them

I am near sighted. My farsighted vision sucks but I always had good near vision during my active fighting years so I never had the need. Even my near sighted vision sucks now. If I was still competing with my current vision I would have no choice but to wear contacts or have corrective surgery (if that's an option).

I just do BJJ and a little sparring, but haven't worn contacts. I am pretty blind without my glasses, but sport BJJ keeps my opponent close. I would be interested to see if I improve when I get some more contacts. Phone Post

How is it? I have contacts and am aiming to start an mma career in a few months. Phone Post

Yep. Not good. I've had them pop out about 4x sparring. Phone Post

Yes for 14 years or so. Had them mess up in training some, but in boxing, kickboxing, and MMA fights only had one get thumbed out 1 time in a fight.

I have done l sports with mine in and have only lost one a couple of times..once in a football game, once in wrestling practice on high school and once in an Mma fight.. The fight was the only one that made me nervous. I was getting punched on bottom in gaurs and I literally saw it fly out with my other eye..I was like hey there goes my con..punched again...tact..I was able to find it while they were carting the guy off on a stretcher..sounds Bs but I swear its true! Phone Post

I can't see shit with out them btw. I'm -6.50 in both eyes Phone Post

Broder - I am near sighted. My farsighted vision sucks but I always had good near vision during my active fighting years so I never had the need. Even my near sighted vision sucks now. If I was still competing with my current vision I would have no choice but to wear contacts or have corrective surgery (if that's an option).

This I can see up to about 6 feet then its like an LSD fog Phone Post

i remember heath herring losing one of his contacts in a pride fight.

i could be wrong.

Check with your AC. Many prohibit it.

MMA Playwrite - Check with your AC. Many prohibit it.

i've seen it mentioned in contracts but i don't feel comfortable figting without them since i'm pretty near sighted. i've had 10 muay thai and boxing and this will be my 5th mma fight. only lost one in a fight ever.

will be fighting with them in or not at all.

how would the ac know anyway? dr's have never said anything about it in the prefight medicals.

In.

Follow your dreams (but have a solid backup plan).

20/550 vision. 20/20 corrected. Phone Post

This is a subject i unfortunately know too much about. I wore my contacts over 10 years fighting MMA professionally. I even wore them in 2007 when i faught in UFC 78 against Lauzon. Then, a few years go by and i signed with the WEC. 10 days before my fight after spending weeks and weeks away from my family, spending a ton of money on training camp just as many fighters do. 10 days before my fight the UFC calls and informs me the Colorado Athletic Commission will not allow fighters to fight with contacts. (i honestly thought i was being punked)
So, i flew home and couldn't believe what was happening. It wasn't the UFC's fault. They tried everything. I was told it was the Colorado commission. My eyes were bad with my contact prescription being high. I understand their concern with my contact/contacts coming out in the fight. But, it happened to me a lot through my career. I just dealt with it. No big deal, really.
Anyway, i flew home, had this PRK corrective eye surgery and thousands of dollars later i was extremely thankfull the UFC re-scheduled the fight. Only this time it was in thew UFC, because while i was recovering from eye surgery, the WEC became the UFC.
My point is to any of you fighters with contacts and high prescriptions..."check first with the State in which you are fighting in" "Don't get caught off guard like i did, and do a whole training camp, spending your own money only to be told days before your fights cancelled because of your contacts.

thing is i'm fighting for peanuts at my level and there is no way i can afford lazer surgery, especially after losing hundreds of dollars my last fight when the event got cancelled 8 hours before i was supposed to fight.

i'm actually starting to panic about this since i provide an eye exam for my licensing and they might notice i'm near sighted.

I've fought with them. They didn't pop out in my fight but on a few occasions in training they would. Phone Post

ManWithTheIronFists - DIdn't the guy with the caved in chest fight with contacts in the UFC?

big nog?

kill joy - 
ManWithTheIronFists - DIdn't the guy with the caved in chest fight with contacts in the UFC?

big nog?

Tra Telligman?