fighting with contact lenses

I never competed, but when I was still boxing, I sparred often. I lost my contacts EVERY time I sparred, and it was annoying as hell. I eventually just threw in old ones or dailies since I knew I'd lose 'em, one at a time.

Oddly, I seemed to lose them from my own gloves coming into contact with my eyes more than from getting hit. Just my experience though.

kill joy -

thing is i'm fighting for peanuts at my level and there is no way i can afford lazer surgery, especially after losing hundreds of dollars my last fight when the event got cancelled 8 hours before i was supposed to fight.

i'm actually starting to panic about this since i provide an eye exam for my licensing and they might notice i'm near sighted.

Talk to every physician who performs laser surgery in your area and offer a full sponsorship (your likeness on their marketing collateral, signed shirts, advertising on shorts, etc.) in exchange for the surgery. Phone Post

Gendai Budo - 
kill joy -

thing is i'm fighting for peanuts at my level and there is no way i can afford lazer surgery, especially after losing hundreds of dollars my last fight when the event got cancelled 8 hours before i was supposed to fight.

i'm actually starting to panic about this since i provide an eye exam for my licensing and they might notice i'm near sighted.

Talk to every physician who performs laser surgery in your area and offer a full sponsorship (your likeness on their marketing collateral, signed shirts, advertising on shorts, etc.) in exchange for the surgery. Phone Post

i was thinking about that, thanks man. VU.

Jason Reinhardt - This is a subject i unfortunately know too much about. I wore my contacts over 10 years fighting MMA professionally. I even wore them in 2007 when i faught in UFC 78 against Lauzon. Then, a few years go by and i signed with the WEC. 10 days before my fight after spending weeks and weeks away from my family, spending a ton of money on training camp just as many fighters do. 10 days before my fight the UFC calls and informs me the Colorado Athletic Commission will not allow fighters to fight with contacts. (i honestly thought i was being punked)
So, i flew home and couldn't believe what was happening. It wasn't the UFC's fault. They tried everything. I was told it was the Colorado commission. My eyes were bad with my contact prescription being high. I understand their concern with my contact/contacts coming out in the fight. But, it happened to me a lot through my career. I just dealt with it. No big deal, really.
Anyway, i flew home, had this PRK corrective eye surgery and thousands of dollars later i was extremely thankfull the UFC re-scheduled the fight. Only this time it was in thew UFC, because while i was recovering from eye surgery, the WEC became the UFC.
My point is to any of you fighters with contacts and high prescriptions..."check first with the State in which you are fighting in" "Don't get caught off guard like i did, and do a whole training camp, spending your own money only to be told days before your fights cancelled because of your contacts.

Thanks for your two cents. VU.

I only do bjj, but I got contacts that help with astigmatism and they're a little larger in diameter and deeper and they stay in way better. I have yet to lose one.

With my plain ol ones I used to lose them occasionally. Phone Post

ManWithTheIronFists - 
kill joy - 
ManWithTheIronFists - DIdn't the guy with the caved in chest fight with contacts in the UFC?

big nog?

No not Big Nog, he doesn't have a caved in chest. It was one of the older UFCs you could visibly see half his chest caved in. Can't remember what his name is.

sorry was being facetious.

boulder40 - I can't see shit with out them btw. I'm -6.50 in both eyes Phone Post

My exact prescription as well, I do BJJ I have been poked a few times in the eyes while rolling been lucky to not have them come out. Phone Post

Sergio88 -
boulder40 - I can't see shit with out them btw. I'm -6.50 in both eyes Phone Post

My exact prescription as well, I do BJJ I have been poked a few times in the eyes while rolling been lucky to not have them come out. Phone Post

So you know we don't have a choice but to wear them huh Phone Post

lol....my prescription for both my contacts and glasses,(i now wear bcg's because the contacts are like needles in my eyes and i can take some pain man...) are a paltry -20.00 both eyes. and that is NOT counting the -6.00 for my astigmatism again in both eyes....

soooooo........

LET ME BANG BRO!!!!!!

I did it for 6-7 fights

One popped out in fight so betwen rounds i had to rush And put it in

Got lasik went contact free for 10 years
Now wear em again But weak rx Phone Post

I've been wearing mine in sports since I was 14(31 now) and I used to take them out at first. I forgot one practice and could see so much better so for me the bad was overruled by the good..like I said I only lost one 3 times that I can count Phone Post

I would get LASIK but I'm poor Phone Post