Fighting With OC SPRAY

The pros I know turned me onto Fox Labs. I used to carry OC on and off, more off for years, but I had an incident last summer that convinced me that "all the time" was a better way to go.

It basically involved a female drunk driver that nearly ran me down, was pissed that I got in her way, got out of her car and then tried to assault me and hit me with her rollerblades!!!!. She was out of her mind and was threatening to "cut me". I was hoping for a cop to drive by as she chased me down the street. She had left her car in the middle of the crosswalk on Third Avenue, evidence that I was telling the truth. So all I could do was maintain distance and avoid her. Hitting a woman, even in self defense is a losing proposition. The man is always guilty until proven otherwise. A good leg kick is a possiblility and then run away. If I had OC at the time, spraying her would have made sense. I think it is a good alternative and it's use can be defended.

I think for a multiple attackers it is useful too.

What do you think?

I agree. Also have Fox Labs. Demi said it's illegal in CA due to 'improper content labeling' and I'm not sure what that means (and why they can't get around it - CA has to be a huge market).

Toki,

"tetsubishi" indeed refers to caltrops and such scattered on terrain or thrown in an enemy's face to distract them.

I talked to the owner of FOX LABS and he said it's
basically too costly to relabel everything. They will
send it to Ca however. The problem is that, for Ca
law, on the label it MUST say:

For self defense only.

Interesting note... Most police officers do not know
that it must be labeled that way. 90% of the ones
I've talked with did not know. So you may get by
with it.

I personally say that the legally labeled First
defense @ two million SHU is fine. In my FIGHT
FIRE WITH FIRE video Jerry got sprayed with it and
it blew him away. He tried to land blows on a
pounching bag, stand up, orient himself and he
was in severe distress the whole time.

Demi

I have an inherrant dislieke of all OC based products, for the simple fact that they are not relieable, I mean for fucks sake, it's chilli oil, I rub that shit on instead of deep heat, and I've got it in my eyes more times than I can count, it stops bothering you after a while.

The main poblem is, it is sensation based, which varies between individuals.

I wouldn't trust my life to it.

Good OC is not sensation based. The spray is meant to invoke an involuntary constriction of the air passages by irritating the mucus membranes in the eyes, nose and throat. It has nothing to do with pain and everytrhing to do with breathing. Pain is a side show to genuine incapicitation. That is why the quality of the OC is so important.

"I wouldn't trust my life to it." - For starters OC isnt an answer to a lethal force encounter. OC is there to give civilians the oppertunity to escape an aggresive individual. OC should only be used versus "serious" threats when you have no other option.