Filet topped with BOTG (pics)

I’ve been prepping this shit for a week so today is a trial run. I’m having company tomorrow and I’d like to have the kinks ironed out so I’m cooking filet mignon by 2 different methods. The sous vide and the smoker. It’s a pellet smoker, I don’t have an old school because honestly it seems like too much work. 

The kicker is the Butter of the Gods. Found this on YouTube and had to give it a shot. It’s made of cured egg yolk, bone marrow, butter, parsley, shallots and anchovie paste. I really hope it delivers because it’s a bit of a pain In the ass to make. 

Standby for some pics. 

3 Likes

looks amazing

1 Like

![](upload://h9gjJHKENzmo4CpTgjPcKIS4KhP.jpeg)

egg yolks covered in salt and sugar, they sat for a week in the fridge curing. had to bake them on low for about 90 minutes so nice I pulled them out of the salt. you want them nice and dry

1 Like

![](upload://aOrAjNrYKLScZvepSfEqikVTxJF.jpeg)

VERY MUCH IN!!!

I brined the bone marrow for 2 days, there was still a little bit more blood in it than I would have liked but I’m all in. There it is after being broiled for 10 min

Sorry for shouting.  I got overly excited.  My response was not appropriate.

1 Like

![](upload://oxyocmc0uGV1Mj6YSKvpJ3T8Bn6.jpeg)

the cured egg yolks after finishing in the oven.

1 Like
dhughes -

After all that dirty talk you were getting in your roast thread, I can see how you’re cranked up a bit. 

![](upload://iRejqxewrWG0wodFLyDJgbotfa4.jpeg)

into the food processor

Surgeon308 - 
dhughes -

After all that dirty talk you were getting in your roast thread, I can see how you’re cranked up a bit. 

I appreciate your understanding.

![](upload://swasHM6oc2TU9zH57YtxfUwikH4.jpeg)

it’s resting in the fridge now

![](upload://oVQX0AW1zeDap1ouWyfrnHLbIBA.jpeg)

I use to trim up the tenderloin I bought yesterday (it isn’t prime grade, I’m not made of money). I used one of Altofskys knives. I’ve had that one for at least 6-7 years. great knife. thanks Alto

1 Like

![](upload://q8MYILPvFw1i3QLVKd4fjO86QXG.jpeg)

ended up with these two bad boys, tied them off to help them keep shape. there is still quite a bit left, what you see is the smaller half of the tenderloin

Surgeon308 - 

![](upload://swasHM6oc2TU9zH57YtxfUwikH4.jpeg)

it’s resting in the fridge now

AMAZING!!!

![](upload://vZEmmDA3WgIG1KJGS2A1R5CHZHJ.jpeg)

![](upload://jNZaN6zNDnmvRuEhdMDADtYO7my.jpeg)

seasoned with just kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and a bit of garlic powder. sealed in a bag for the sous vide. the other one will be seasoned just prior to putting it on the smoker. the sous vide takes longer so I won’t start the smoker for another 20 minutes. once both are cooked I’ll give them a reverse sear with a torch.

Boo Yah! Looks fucking incredible! 

Sofaking in! 

Curious 

Surgeon308 -

I’ve been prepping this shit for a week so today is a trial run. I’m having company tomorrow and I’d like to have the kinks ironed out so I’m cooking filet mignon by 2 different methods. The sous vide and the smoker. It’s a pellet smoker, I don’t have an old school because honestly it seems like too much work. 

The kicker is the Butter of the Gods. Found this on YouTube and had to give it a shot. It’s made of cured egg yolk, bone marrow, butter, parsley, shallots and anchovie paste. I really hope it delivers because it’s a bit of a pain In the ass to make. 

Standby for some pics. 

NEED A LINK TO RECPIE FOR BUTTER