Finding a good gym in a place w. mma is unpopular

I am moving to the capital of our country, Ljubljana, and there they have a few MMA gyms, other cities lack. How should I go about finding the best one? I employed google, but only found forum entries from 00-06, nothing cncrete in recent times. I am curious about the black belts who are head BJJ instructors, is there perhaps a site where BB are listed and the schpols they teach at. I was told Carlos Maia BB under Carlos Gracie Jr. teaches at one of the gyms. At least that he did in 06.

I have been boxing and training Muay Thai since childhood, and have always wanted to train mma at a real gym, but there were none where I lived. I did do some BJJ off Serra instructionals with friends, but we all know how that goes, better than nothing, but thats pretty much it.

Any help and thoughts from those who train would be greatly apprechiated.

http://www.carlosmaiabjj.com/

Found out he has his own gym now. From those in the know, is this a credible instructor? I've seen enough Lang type threads on here, to know to ask the mighty UG.

Hey Ziga!

Nice seeing you are still around and moving to Ljubljana, to answer your question, i ve heard mixed opinions about Carlos to be honest, from people who trained there. Some even saying he gives higher rank belts to those who are friends with him outside of training sessions, etc..

I can ask few friends tommorrow about best bjj options here in Ljubljana and hit you with PM, good?

whitesun - Hey Ziga!

Nice seeing you are still around and moving to Ljubljana, to answer your question, i ve heard mixed opinions about Carlos to be honest, from people who trained there. Some even saying he gives higher rank belts to those who are friends with him outside of training sessions, etc..

I can ask few friends tommorrow about best bjj options here in Ljubljana and hit you with PM, good?

Thank you, still around and doing much better.
And please do hit me with that PM. Much apprechiated.

ttt