Finished my certificate yesterday

Saw the other guy post about getting his doctorate, well I finished my fire sprinkler design certificate from Seneca college. Supposed to be a 2.5 year course, I did it in 1 year,( one of the quickest times on record) while maintaining an A average.
Pretty pumped about this. But it's still nothing compared to a doctorate Phone Post 3.0

Congrats dude!

Well done...now go sprinkle.

I got a personal best of 814 on fruit ninja yesterday. Boom Phone Post 3.0

They still have to stamp the drawing as I m not an engineer. I m not sure if many engineers do it as well or not. It would be a lot of additional information to take in.
It was a pretty interesting course, I m already a journeyman sprinkler fitter, so there's a lot of potential jobs out there! Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like you've got a niche... good job... $$$$

Yeah, I love my job, so it was easy to sit down and do the work. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - no offense but

full spray
half spray

any other innovative design is just luring the devil
What? Phone Post 3.0

pennviachoke - 

Don't compare your successes to others... congrats bro! Phone Post

For real.  You'll never be happy if you do this.  Congrats man.

I just passed licensing for federal in finance today( i had the same license when i turned 18)but im stoked as hell. Yours sounds like not only did you kill it, you killed it fast! Sláinte, Kampai - cheers to you bro..... celebrate! Phone Post

Great job B. The more certs/training you have in anything the better. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks everyone! No time for celebrating...13 month old baby is teething, He s all pissed off at life right now..It's 2 am... Phone Post 3.0

FM or NFPA certified? I do the same here in the UK except I am a qualified engineer and we can certify our own sprinkler designs to LPCB, UL, FM and NFPA. Congrats on passing! Phone Post 3.0

Course was mostly NFPA,but I don't think there it is really specific around here. I was thinking about getting some sort of engineering degree, is it worth it? Phone Post 3.0

bacon19 - Course was mostly NFPA,but I don't think there it is really specific around here. I was thinking about getting some sort of engineering degree, is it worth it? Phone Post 3.0

YES.
I work with FPE's a lot.
most often, they have someone the works for them (like you) do all the hard work then they review, stamp and charge a boatload of money.

I have one working on a VESDA system for me right now. Did you learn about those?

Learned about them in trade school, seems like a good idea for a pre action trigger. It looks like doing the engineering degree would be 5 years online, probably start looking into it today! Thanks for the input Phone Post 3.0

Was also curious on anyone's opinion of pursuing a masters in fire protection? I know Maryland university offers one online, I m just not sure of the benefits of it? Phone Post 3.0

My buddy has an irrigation/lighting business and makes bank. He has gotten a couple contracts with local home builders and already had a buyout offer from a landscaping company

Fire sprinklers my man... Fire sprinklers Phone Post 3.0