Firas Zahabi on the Ketogenic Diet

at 11:40 mark

. Phone Post 3.0

Its interesting he mentions you can only get your fats from animal products, and says that is a danger of the diet. Couldn't you get your fats from nuts? avacado? cocnut oils? etc...

Later Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow -

Its interesting he mentions you can only get your fats from animal products, and says that is a danger of the diet. Couldn't you get your fats from nuts? avacado? cocnut oils? etc...

Absolutely - MCT oil is one of the fastest ways to get there. And avocado is one of the best fats you can eat. Phone Post 3.0

absolutesperry -
12SixElbow -

Absolutely - MCT oil is one of the fastest ways to get there. And avocado is one of the best fats you can eat. Phone Post 3.0
Avocados have carbs. Depending on how big it is you can't have more than 2 in a day and stay keto. And that's if you eat basically zero other carbs.

It's one think I didn't like about keto. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

love chips

12SixElbow - 

butter , eggs

You can only get your fat from eating fat people, and that's the danger of the diet.

Sounds like he is on a good diet for him. For anyone who has insulin resistance it is poor advice.

Also he is flat our wrong in saying on a ketogenic diet you can only get fats from saturated animal fats.

Also on a ketogenic diet your body burns fat as its primary fuel source, ketones are made and used by the brain only as it can run on glucose or ketones only.

A well formulated ketogenic diet is high in plant based foods (mostly leafy greens), moderate protein and very low carb.

For later Phone Post 3.0

MagSlim - 
absolutesperry -
12SixElbow -

Avocados have carbs. Depending on how big it is you can't have more than 2 in a day and stay keto. And that's if you eat basically zero other carbs.

It's one think I didn't like about keto. Phone Post 3.0

12 grams of carbs in an aavacado, you can have 3 a day and be safe.

Which is WAY more avacado than most people are eating each day

AFAIK - Avocado (Hass) has 3 net carbs, don't count the fiber.

JoeDingo - You can only get your fat from eating fat people, and that's the danger of the diet.
Fuck yeah! Phone Post 3.0

Anyone can take introductory biology at the local community college and quickly understand why this is not an optimal diet for athletes. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think staying in ketosis for more than a few days for years and years is a good idea anyway. I think intermittent fasting every other day, or for a few days a week is better. Phone Post 3.0

absolutesperry - I don't think staying in ketosis for more than a few days for years and years is a good idea anyway. I think intermittent fasting every other day, or for a few days a week is better. Phone Post 3.0

Just curious what makes it a bad idea to stay on it?

I do IF and and have been in ketosis for 3 months, blood work has markedly improved, blood pressure went from high to low, and it has made my cut so much easier. I dont think i am going to go back to eating carbs.

Glycogen is fun though. Phone Post 3.0

vee840 -
12SixElbow - 

butter , eggs
They're animal products.... Phone Post 3.0