FIRE Bisping

I had Israel winning 48-47 but Mike was fucking blowing Israel the entire fight.

Rob was landing the jab at will and this idiot kept doubling down like a moron who couldn’t admit he was wrong every single round obsessively saying he shouldn’t throw it.

Never seen such terrible commentary in a main event in my life.

2 Likes

a6d18e42f924eb96b06337899823c0d9.gif

12 Likes

He did seem to be very one sided.

God forbid someone points out Whittaker is only throwing one hand and no real combinations. Yeah, fire the guy pointing out the obvious.

8 Likes

:joy: Mike is done. Backtracking on his own score during the fight. Cancelled.

1 Like

Disagree with your assessment of the fight.

I’ve been on record many times criticizing people who complain about the commentary, but here I go. Something has bothered me about Bisping for a while and it just hit me tonight.

Here’s what it is: he commentates like a coach who is watching his fighter during a fight. I like the perspective he brings, but he has these reactions to everything a fighter does like it offends him. Tonight he went on and on about Whittaker not following up his jab, which I completely agree with, but he literally wouldn’t stop talking about it.

I am a fan of Bisping, and generally like all combinations of commentators. But he has been getting repetitive, talking about the same things in every round, and overreacting to everything that happens, to a higher degree than any other commentator.

Tonight was the first night I actually wanted to mute a single commentator.

1 Like

Not a close fight. Izzy was the clear winner.

Repetitive commentary for a repetitive strategy. If a guy is constantly jabbing at mostly air it’s gonna get talked about.

I didn’t dislike bisping, he’s not one sided like Rogan. He doesn’t hit you over the head with hyperbolic IN HISTORY like John Anik, he isn’t argumentative like Dom.

I like him.

I liked Dan Hardy too. Would like to hear Bisping, Chael and DC.

Chael can replace John Anik.

2 Likes

I think he’s correct. Rob won rd 5for sure, maybe rd 2. 49-46/48-47 isreal

2 Likes

Bisping is awful. He’s just occasionally funny and always honest (in his opinion)

2 Likes

He wasn’t jabbing at air.

He was snapping Israels head back at will.

Lol ok buddy. Someone had a few too many drinks tonight. Rest up, don’t drive, and watch it later.

1 Like

Well, yeah…. But there are other things happening. More things to talk about, many other aspects of fighting. If a guy is successful at landing a 1-2 all night is that all you wanna hear from the commentary? No. DC talked about Rob’s wrestling, Israel’s TDD, stance switching, leg kicks, head movement, etc, all the while Bisping is repeating “he needs to follow up the jab” and “he’s being predictable”.

I guess that’s the best way to describe him.

1 Like

Well yeah there’s other shit to talk about. But Whittaker wasn’t going to get anywhere striking the way he was. It’s only commentary anyway. You have the fight in front of your eyes. It doesn’t have to dominate your brain.

Yes and I like that about him. But he does some things I don’t like. The good with the bad, of course.

1 Like

Oh it doesn’t dominate my brain. I still noticed it though. The fight was thoroughly enjoyable and I had a great time with friends and family here.

It wasn’t that great. Whittaker looked like he didn’t have much to beat Israel.

He tweeted about it,so it was acknowledged.

1 Like