Fired a .40 cal through my .45

Yeah, I'm just that stupid.

Somehow a .40 cal round got in with the .45. I don't want to point fingers, but three of us were getting into the same ammo supply, and I don't know how it happened.

It fed normally. I felt reduced recoil and thought it was a squib. The casing split and jammed. I had to free it with a cleaning rod.

Never had this happen before and certainly need a better protocol to avoid it down the line. Phone Post 3.0

Best bet is to get a gunsmith to scope it and look for any potential cracking and shit in the receiver.

Will do Phone Post 3.0

What gun is it?

I saw a blog post about a guy who managed to fire a .300blk rd through a FS2000. Didn't make as big a mess as you would think but I guess the gun wouldn't run anymore initially they said the barrel n chamber looked ok. Hoping they take it to a smith n write a follow up. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah man make sure it didnt take any damage that will cause failure in any manner in the future and dont do that shit again.

Springfield 1911 with a Kahr barrel Phone Post 3.0

Wow Phone Post 3.0

I once fired a .338 Lapua through my Ruger 10-22. Gun was fine and I still put it in the 10 ring, no big deal.

How bout this for a protocol: get rid of .40 since it's a shit round and only keep your 9s and .45s :)

Gforce - How bout this for a protocol: get rid of .40 since it's a shit round and only keep your 9s and .45s :)
There goes this thread.......

It'll now go 1000 posts and at least three people will get called a cockfaggot........ Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 -
Gforce - How bout this for a protocol: get rid of .40 since it's a shit round and only keep your 9s and .45s :)
There goes this thread.......

It'll now go 1000 posts and at least three people will get called a cockfaggot........ Phone Post 3.0
Whatever cockfaggit. Phone Post 3.0

I enjoy my Glock-22 too much to dump it. Phone Post 3.0

Stupidnewbie - I once fired a .338 Lapua through my Ruger 10-22. Gun was fine and I still put it in the 10 ring, no big deal.
Very common mistake given the nearly identical characteristics of both rounds - or so the Battlefield 3 headshot hit markers would have me believe. Phone Post 3.0

slo ko -
Stupidnewbie - I once fired a .338 Lapua through my Ruger 10-22. Gun was fine and I still put it in the 10 ring, no big deal.
Very common mistake given the nearly identical characteristics of both rounds - or so the Battlefield 3 headshot hit markers would have me believe. Phone Post 3.0
LOL Phone Post 3.0