Fired a gun for 1st time and got CCW. AMA

I don't remember what thread I said I would update on so i'm making a new thread. Due to the old thread and people informing and convincing me to try out guns, I did and also just got back from my CCW/CPL class. Now just have to send in the app and wait 6 or so weeks.

So yeah, wow. Totally wasn't expecting that kind of kick from a 9mm ruger. It wasn't alot but having never fired a gun I was expecting less. After my initial 5 rounds, the kick felt like nothing and it was more or less an aiming thing.

I hit a couple bullseyes and not a horrible grouping for my first time and only firing 30 some odd rounds. Most certainly going to go back but shit this stuff is expensive.

Your addiction has just begun Phone Post 3.0

You'll shoot your eye out kid

Prepare to spend your ass off.

It's very addicting. I had only 30 some bullets and wanted to shoot more. But I don't own a gun nor were there more bullets to fire.

So the next question is where can I buy GOOD inexpensive ammo? I'm not trying to buy some +p+ from Afghanistan either.

Which Ruger? I carry a Ruger P89DC 9mm. Great gun. Phone Post 3.0

YOU WILL BE BUYING LOW YEILD NUCLEAR MISSLES IN ABOUT A MONTH.

- CALIFORNIA POLITICIAN  

Nobody will EVER fuck with you at a Gamestop again.

BackOffWarchild -

Haha!! Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - 

That's the primary reason I sat through the eight hour course. Can't wait for the new COD to come out

BIGWHITESEXY - 

YOU WILL BE BUYING LOW YEILD NUCLEAR MISSLES IN ABOUT A MONTH.

- CALIFORNIA POLITICIAN  

How fucking retarded can a person be? Should be a new law that nobody should be able to talk aboutguns politically unless they have fired a gun. I don't feel like I want something more powerful now. If anything I need to find a lighter gun not something more destructive.

I was looking at 37mm launchers before I was ever interested in guns.

www.gunbot.net

Search there.  Welcome to the addiction.  I strongly recommend taking a training class to get your basics down.  There is a local company I use called Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute.  Great group of guys that will take a complete newb and teach them everything you need to know. 

Good. Welcome to the addiction. Your next purchase should be 1000 rds of 9mm and probably a glock 19 or really just about any midsize 9 from a reputable manufacturer (Glock, FNH, Sig, SW, Beretta, Springfield, CZ) but the glock will have the most options for holsters, triggers, sights, and you can't throw a rock without hitting a glock armorer.

Follow the goddamn four rules!

Take a GOOD training course. The CCW course isn't enough nor does passing the qual (if you even have one) mean that you are a good shot. Train your ass off and then keep it up, shooting is a degrading skill.

Follow the four rules and stay safe!!! Phone Post 3.0

The 2nd gun I ever fired was a 1911. That was surprising. Phone Post 3.0

Fathead D - 

www.gunbot.net

Search there.  Welcome to the addiction.  I strongly recommend taking a training class to get your basics down.  There is a local company I use called Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute.  Great group of guys that will take a complete newb and teach them everything you need to know. 

More training than the 8 hour course I just took? There were only 4 of us and nobody had shot before so he started from scratch. There is more than that?

awilson82 - Good. Welcome to the addiction. Your next purchase should be 1000 rds of 9mm and probably a glock 19 or really just about any midsize 9 from a reputable manufacturer (Glock, FNH, Sig, SW, Beretta, Springfield, CZ) but the glock will have the most options for holsters, triggers, sights, and you can't throw a rock without hitting a glock armorer.

Take a GOOD training course. The CCW course isn't enough nor does passing the qual (if you even have one) mean that you are a good shot. Train your ass off and then keep it up, shooting is a degrading skill.

I was looking at the sr22 ruger for my first purchase and highly recommended by the dude teaching the class. Is that not a good starting/carrying gun?

^^yes. A lot more. 8hrs is nothing. That's no where near proficient. Does 8hrs of BJJ make you ready to take a pro fight? Shooting is VERY similar to martial arts, you have to train and you have to keep at it.

What state are you in? Phone Post 3.0

David@accu -
awilson82 - Good. Welcome to the addiction. Your next purchase should be 1000 rds of 9mm and probably a glock 19 or really just about any midsize 9 from a reputable manufacturer (Glock, FNH, Sig, SW, Beretta, Springfield, CZ) but the glock will have the most options for holsters, triggers, sights, and you can't throw a rock without hitting a glock armorer.

I was looking at the sr22 ruger for my first purchase and highly recommended by the dude teaching the class. Is that not a good starting/carrying gun?
It's an excellent gun for training but 22 ammo is VERY hard to get right now.

It's a TERRIBLE gun to carry. Do not carry a 22. Don't carry anything smaller than .380acp Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 - ^^yes. A lot more. 8hrs is nothing. That's no where near proficient. Does 8hrs of BJJ make you ready to take a pro fight? Shooting is VERY similar to martial arts, you have to train and you have to keep at it.

What state are you in? Phone Post 3.0
Co-signed. Phone Post 3.0

It is cray expensive. The way I see it anyways. My old man knows the days the places in town get their shipments in and will be down there spending $300-$500 on ammo. It's insane. I couldn't afford that. Phone Post 3.0