Firefighter Catches Child Falling from Third Floor

It's crazy how quick this happens! 

A firefighter who was about to get up on the 2nd floor balcony - instead had to catch a baby thrown from a ladder 2 stories above her!

She made an amazing catch, too! 

The person who threw the baby didn't look like they gave the firefighter a whole lot of notice, either- just tossed the kid!

Great work by the firefighter on the ground!

Holy shit! Mad respect for that occupation.

The video cuts off before the excited fireman spikes the child like a football after the successful catch.

Russfromlowell -

It's crazy how quick this happens! 

A firefighter who was about to get up on the 2nd floor balcony - instead had to catch a baby thrown from a ladder 2 stories above her!

She made an amazing catch, too! 

The person who threw the baby didn't look like they gave the firefighter a whole lot of notice, either- just tossed the kid!

Great work by the firefighter on the ground!

Looked like a 4-5 year old. Much heavier than a baby. Kudos to everyone. Such a crazy job.

I don't get why he just tossed the kid.   ...  panic I guess, but he was already on the ladder, away from danger and on the way down.

Not everyone is good in those type situations I suppose.

yeah that was a 40-50 lbs kid. Not exactly a baby. thats insane! props to the FD.

naevehane -

I don't get why he just tossed the kid.   ...  panic I guess, but he was already on the ladder, away from danger and on the way down.

Not everyone is good in those type situations I suppose.

It sounded like they were yelling something about "get down fast" and something about that ladder not being stable or under threat of collapse.

holy shit.

seriously no reason to toss the kid like that though.

jake11 - holy shit.

Really, fuck-face? Were you there? Do you have complete information? Were you involved with this situation?

people panicing and everyone following suit. There was no reason to throw the child, just climb doqn the ladder. The child had a good chance of smashing its head into the ground..But the guy is not a firefighter. Just a paniced person on a ladder. I assume the guy was coming out of the balcony because there is no firefighter going up the ladder. 

Imagine it was pretty hot up there, ladder seemed shaky, got a crazy kid that wont stop moving, dude was probably losing his balance aswell. Iunno, just glad the kidnwas caught

Great catch by the firefighter 

Even knowing it turned out well, that made me tense as hell.

jake11 - holy shit.

Sure there is!  How often can you do that and get away with it?

jake11 - holy shit.

God damn it Jake........