First family Easter

Spent a couple hours with our soon-to-be adopted daughter at her residential school/home today.  Had a picnic and brought her a few presents.  The look of joy on her face as she went through her Easter basket full of candy (she is 12 and never had an Easter basket before) and her dress and shoes we got her was heart melting and made my face hurt from smiling so much.

Life can be a giant kick to the balls sometimes but sometimes it can be pretty badass.

That is so amazing to hear. Congrats brother, and I look forward to the (hopefully) future threads of how your family is doing.

Happy Easter!

Doing the lords work OP. Keep it up. You have 12 years of spoiling to catch up on. 

Yeah Pete!  More excuses to go out and eat!

LBJ -

That's awesome. 

I am hiding from my family in a room crying. Think I want to kill myself but really just want help. 

Take Care OP. 

What the heck Lebron you're in the playoffs! Enjoy this time brother. Your life is valuable 

LBJ -

That's awesome. 

I am hiding from my family in a room crying. Think I want to kill myself but really just want help. 

Take Care OP. 

Enjoy your family bro.  Our little girl never got to experience family and I myself have (until recently) no real family to spend holidays with.  Its a pain sometimes but its better than wanting a family and not having the option.

Sounds like a good time, you are a good man op

Best thing I've read today. Well done, my man. I'm jealous and hope to join you as an adoptive father soon. 

AVClub -

Best thing I've read today. Well done, my man. I'm jealous and hope to join you as an adoptive father soon. 

You in the process?   We became licensed foster parents back in Jan. and had a couple placements then found our daughter online.  She has come a long way and is amazing.

Good luck and stay in touch bro.

Slydawg - God bless you OP! I would love to hear more details on the dynamics.

There is another thread I did when we started the foster process and the many many many ups and downs with that (DHHS is a shitty org).

TFK_Coconut Pete -
AVClub -

You in the process?   We became licensed foster parents back in Jan. and had a couple placements then found our daughter online.  She has come a long way and is amazing.

Good luck and stay in touch bro.

In process, yes. Will keep you posted. 

I'll explain after.... but do you ever go to the movies Pete?

Girly -

First, blue ran out???

Second, no I do not enjoy going to the movies.

TFK_Coconut Pete -
Girly -

First, blue ran out???

Oh, I bought my mom wrong movie theater gift card for xmas.  Closest brand theater is in Brunswick. Was gonna mail you it

Girly -
TFK_Coconut Pete -
Girly -

First, blue ran out???

Oh, I bought my mom wrong movie theater gift card for xmas.  Closest brand theater is in Brunswick. Was gonna mail you it

Thanks but we likely wouldn't use them anytime soon.  See if you can use them for some street strange in Portland

Randomly found this thread when posting an update on the other “About to be a (foster) Father thread.

One year in the books and another easter but this time it was in our home. SHE has been living with us sine november and legal adoption paperwork should start soon.