First Gun

Rose and I started looking for our first gun.  We want a revolver. We're not ready for a sig .09s or a Tech9 calico nothing. We want a regular ass revolver. Gun and bullet, point shoot. We started looking and the first one we find is a Ruger sp101, and GWAD DAYUM that bitch is nice!

now we don't know much about guns yet, just starting. But I am wondering what revolver recommendations y'all might have for first timers, for the house. Mainly for Rose at 120lbs. Because this is the first one we found and it's hard to want to keep looking. We'll keep shopping around, but I'd like to maybe walk in with a list maybe. Whatcha got?:!!!!

Hey Patrick, can you tell us what will the primary use of this gun will be. Is this for concealed carry? home defense (nightstand gun)? car gun? etc...I'm also wondering why you've narrowed it down to revolvers only.

Either the ruger , or check out a charter mag pug /their line . I personally can't stand any s&w revolvers so I won't recommend.

Sagiv Lapkin -

Hey Patrick, can you tell us what will the primary use of this gun will be. Is this for concealed carry? home defense (nightstand gun)? car gun? etc...I'm also wondering why you've narrowed it down to revolvers only.

For home. And we're not against other guns. We just want our first to be a trusty, easy, reliable, regular, point and shoot, gun, bullets, revolver.  After that we can get more specific. 

Glock 19

Ruger revolver is more than decent. .357 mag that can also fire .38spl

fastnotch331 - Either the ruger , or check out a charter mag pug /their line . I personally can't stand any s&w revolvers so I won't recommend.
What don't you like about the s&w?

Taurus also has some nice, inexpensive revolvers

HYPEorDIE -
Sagiv Lapkin -

For home. And we're not against other guns. We just want our first to be a trusty, easy, reliable, regular, point and shoot, gun, bullets, revolver.  After that we can get more specific. 

Glock 19.

If you REALLY are dead set on a revolver, look into the Ruger Redhawk or Taurus Judge.  They are both capable of shooting .45 ACP, .45 Colt, and .410 shotgun shells.  Pretty much an unlimited number of options and uses.

But seriously... just get a Glock 19.

EmmettHollis - Glock 19

Glock people are crazy. He wants a revolver, not a semi auto. Revolvers make perfect sense for new pistol owners. They're simple, reliable and don't jam like semi autos. 

I secind the 357 magnum recommendation. You can also shoot 38 special rounds which don't kick as hard and I believe they're less expensive too. 

EmmettHollis - Glock 19

You fucking eleveners are the worst. Scourge of the OG. 

My picks:

S&W 637 (Snubby, .38 +P, Single/Double Action)

S&W 686 (Medium Frame, .357/38 +P, Single/Double Action)

I generally like the medium frame revolvers. My wife is as small as Rose and she actually likes the added weight over the snubby. I have a special place in my heart for the snubbys, although I enjoy shooting medium frame more. (Not a big fan of large frame. More of a shooting/novelty thing than defense for me.)

Ruger's are nice, too. I just don't have much experience with Ruger revolvers.

GFA - 
EmmettHollis - Glock 19

Glock people are crazy. He wants a revolver, not a semi auto. Revolvers make perfect sense for new pistol owners. They're simple, reliable and don't jam like semi autos. 

I secind the 357 magnum recommendation. You can also shoot 38 special rounds which don't kick as hard and I believe they're less expensive too. 

He wants a revolver but also admits he doesn't know much about guns. I think he made this decision based on the mistaken belief that revolvers are more reliable, but modern-day semi-autos are extremely reliable. Also, he said it's primarily for his 120 lb girlfriend, and a .357 Magnum is not the right choice for a small woman who is inexperienced with guns. Just my two cents.

Will you guys be carrying this concealed, Pat?  EG - Rose in a purse or either of you in a backpack?

If so, take a look at some of the bodyguard/hammerless revolvers.  My gf carries in her purse, and if she had to pull a revolver out of that shitstorm bottomless pit in a tight situation, it would be quicker for her run to a gun store and buy another one. There are plenty of affordable ones out there, like the Ruger LCR and the S&W 642.

ChippewaBJJ -
HYPEorDIE -
Sagiv Lapkin -

Glock 19.

If you REALLY are dead set on a revolver, look into the Ruger Redhawk or Taurus Judge.  They are both capable of shooting .45 ACP, .45 Colt, and .410 shotgun shells.  Pretty much an unlimited number of options and uses.

But can rose handle those guns? She's 120lbs and strong as fuck in my opinion. But that's still a lot of gun. 

Sawed off or a bazooka

fastnotch331 - Either the ruger , or check out a charter mag pug /their line . I personally can't stand any s&w revolvers so I won't recommend.

I agree completely... I've never shot a Ruger I didn't like, and I've never shot a S&W that I do.

ChippewaBJJ -
HYPEorDIE -
Sagiv Lapkin -

Glock 19.

Honestly, I can't stand the Judge.

I agree on the Glock for a first gun, but I gotta respect someone who takes a revolver over a Glock.

One thing you can do is go to a local gun range where you can rent different handguns and try things out. If you don't know how to use it, can't handle it, or you're scared of it, it's not going to do you any good.

Kimber K6S is getting good reviews I believe, but it's Kimber's first revolver so who knows how they are holding up long term just yet. 

Mabe a Ruger LCR but they are smaller and more of a carry gun and can recoil a bit depending on the caliber, BUT if you get the .357, you can always shoot .38 in it and work up to the full load .357 rounds. Trigger is pretty smooth for a double action.