First jiu jitsu injury

So basically we started doing takedowns in my nogi class about 5 weeks ago, went for a single and the other guy grabbed for a guillotine as we started to fall. With the angle we landed hard on my neck which felt like a bolt of lightning up my spine.

About four more weeks of rolling and weird arm pain, decided to get it checked out.

Ruptured disc in the neck impinging my c5 and c6 nerve along with the spinal cord. So no more rolling for a while. Bit bummed. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like a bad one, all the best dude Phone Post 3.0

CT scan. Got an MRI booked for next week to check the all the bits and then treatment discussions from there. Hoping it's not as bad as the scan suggests. Phone Post 3.0

Another reason I don't train nogi. Hope you make a speedy recovery my man! Phone Post 3.0

LetsTalkItOut - Another reason I don't train nogi. Hope you make a speedy recovery my man! Phone Post 3.0
Cheers man Phone Post 3.0

LetsTalkItOut - Another reason I don't train nogi. Hope you make a speedy recovery my man! Phone Post 3.0
How is this injury nogi exclusive at all? Also, hope you recover quickly OP. Phone Post 3.0

Most Common way for injury in grappling right there Phone Post 3.0

brixx139 - 
How is this injury nogi exclusive at all? Also, hope you recover quickly OP. Phone Post 3.0

It is not specific to no-gi, however, with the speed and explosiveness that's more common in no-gi, I think this sort of injury is more prevalent.

brixx139 - 

didnt claim it was. But cant argue that this injury happen more in nogi, drill more singles in nogi, more gullotines in nogi, more gullotine from takedowns from nogi, more of this type of injury happens from this series of techniques happen in nogi, they dont use a gi in nogi, i smell armpits more in nogi, and the list goes on in nogi. nogi? no thank you!

hope you feel better

Feel for you OP. I'm currently out for a few weeks as well. Got a knee injury, which is new to me. Now I can't train to burn off all the crap I'm putting into my body during the holidays!

What do you do on the foam roller that it makes your knees feel better? Phone Post 3.0

akb62 -
Easters - Feel for you OP. I'm currently out for a few weeks as well. Got a knee injury, which is new to me. Now I can't train to burn off all the crap I'm putting into my body during the holidays!
Get a foam roller. My knees were killing me. I almost quit training, couldn't even walk. Foam roller es the best for most injuries. Phone Post 3.0
Not sure a foam roller would help my injury. I Hurt my patella tendon below the knee cap and it tightens up on my in certain positions Phone Post 3.0

I had the same exact injury 6 weeks ago. Arm is still weak. Steroids reduced disc inflammation which helped the neck pain but the semis taking its time.

Active release therapy is helping a ton. So is radial nerve flossing. Phone Post 3.0

Currently helaing up S1-l5 nerve inpingement.  Brutal pain.  going to be a while before i'm training and even longer to maybe fight again.  

This is just a test friend, making sure you really want it, checking your mettle and seeing how strong you can become from healing yourself.

Dirty Dick Slater - June 18th I had my c5-c6 fused. Gonna roll tomorrow for the first time since Phone Post 3.0

Godspeed. Roll safe.

Dirty Dick Slater - June 18th I had my c5-c6 fused. Gonna roll tomorrow for the first time since Phone Post 3.0
Awesome to hear your getting back. Take care to go easy. Let us know how you go. Phone Post 3.0