First No Gi tournament, need tips

i got my blue belt like 5 months ago, and i want to try some no gi competition. i have less than 18 months training so i could be in the beginner bracket, would that be sandbagging? also what are some good tips to facilitate going from gi to no gi.

when your instructor gave you your blue belt, he was telling you that you are no longer a beginner.

I got my blue belt at 11 months, and that forced me to compete in Intermediate and advanced divisions from then on out. The actual cut off was 18 months, but since I had a blue...why not huh?

at a lot of trnys the intermediate is easier than the beginner because of all the sandbaggers in the beginner.

lol

go intermediate youll be fine.

blue belts should never be beg. div. If you think your still a beg. don't wear a blue belt.

Baroquen Record "at a lot of trnys the intermediate is easier than the beginner because of all the sandbaggers in the beginner."

This is so true. Novice divisions are insanely stacked with sandbaggers.

its no gi ,no belts.do want you want,its based on time training.if you went to class 5 days a week and others went 2, its not your fault

In most tournament rules, if you have a blue belt you are ineligible to enter a beginner division (even if you got it in less time than the beginner cutoff). I also agree with r parker - if your instructor promoted you to blue belt, you're no longer a beginner.

Welcome to the big(ger) leagues.

Kneeblock -  What if you started 13 years ago but are fat and suck like me?

i thought you were talking about me, 2 peas in a pod

12 - 
Kneeblock -  What if you started 13 years ago but are fat and suck like me?

i thought you were talking about me, 2 peas in a pod

you guys are gonna need a bigger pod.....

clinzyrva - In most tournament rules, if you have a blue belt you are ineligible to enter a beginner division (even if you got it in less time than the beginner cutoff). I also agree with r parker - if your instructor promoted you to blue belt, you're no longer a beginner.

Welcome to the big(ger) leagues.
second that. Blue automaticlty voids you as a beginner.

10th planet online should help

yeah i have a suggestion.

don't be a fag. keep competing in the gi.

Rock n Roll Suicide -  yeah i have a suggestion.

don't be a fag. keep competing in the gi.

whats the problem,you dont like skin on skin action?

gi is better.

rrs if your ever in the area stop by gracie torrance.i cant help you with bjj ,but i can buy lunch

12 my friend, i train right down the street from you.

maybe we can go to rice things?

maybe i can bring you to judo if you are not a MA freak or some TUF noob?