First Pistol Suggestions?

Will be buying my first firearm in the next couple months.  Im in Canada so no Concealed Carry for me.

I think im going to go with a Glock 34 MOS.  I want 9mm and I think it would be fun to put a Eotech or similar optic on it later.  

Talk me in or out of it.  

Heres a couple Glocks for reference.

Holy Fuck no I cant.  

Gun bros? Phone Post 3.0

9MM? Try a 92FS Beretta. Love both of mine! They shoot like raped apes!

Mostly target. Not really worried about home invasion but I guess it would be nice to have something for it. Phone Post 3.0

Ruger Single Six Phone Post 3.0

I would go with a Glock 19. Comes with three magazines. Gen 3 is proven reliable and the Gen 4 is fine at around $550. Phone Post 3.0

Barrel is too short on a Glock 19 to be legal. Here you if you want a 19 you need to pay for an aftermarket barrel pre installed. Phone Post 3.0

Walther PPQ, 5" barrel version

Ridgeback - 

Personally if you can't carry it I would go for a full size 1911 and get really good at shooting it, but if you want to stick with 9mm I would suggest Sig or HK over Glock.  

This.

A nice reliable and awesoem 1911.

tj tapper - Barrel is too short on a Glock 19 to be legal. Here you if you want a 19 you need to pay for an aftermarket barrel pre installed. Phone Post 3.0
Fuckin Canadiens Phone Post 3.0

Glock is a good choice.

They are very common in Canada, so holsters, mags and parts will be easy to find.

Paul Hopkins -
1800champagne - Ruger Single Six Phone Post 3.0

i'd like a single six but op is looking for pistol suggestions

Samuel Colt described his invention as a "revolving pistol"

If revolving pistols are off the table, then I suggest a matching set of flintlock dueling pistols. Phone Post 3.0

License arrived in the mail yesterday!  Time to go shopping. 

Anybody else got suggetions?

Get a glock 17 if you can't get the 19 Phone Post 3.0

tj tapper - 

License arrived in the mail yesterday!  Time to go shopping. 

Anybody else got suggetions?

Stick with the Glock. You will more than likely wind up with more than one pistol anyway, and the Glock is a good place to start.

I'm partial to Sigs but you can't go wrong with the reliability of a Glock Phone Post 3.0

unclephilly - 9MM? Try a 92FS Beretta. Love both of mine! They shoot like raped apes!
I'm not sure... Is that a good thing or not? Phone Post 3.0

Ruger 22 with 1911 style grip. You can shoot a BUNCH for cheap. First gun = you need a shitton of practice Phone Post 3.0