First record (vinyl if you're old enough) and CD

What was the first "record" you ever bought yourself. Album or single, vinyl, cassette and/or CD.

Interested to see what others listen/listened to as they got older and their tastes maybe changed.

My first music I actually paid for was a vinyl single of The Cult song "Lil Devil" when I was 13 or so and I still love the song.
First tape I think was Guns and Roses "appetite for destruction" at about 15
First CD was Alice in Chains "facelift" at about 20. Phone Post 3.0

First vinyl was Thriller.

First cd was Back in Black. Phone Post 3.0

First vinyl I ever had came with the turntable. 'Grease' soundtrack. First lp I bought was the Hell Awaits picture disk. First CD was the first Black Crowes Phone Post 3.0

first vinyl was jimi hendrix are you experienced...

first cassette was public enemy it takes a nation of millions to hold us back

first cd was public enemy fear of a black planet.

First vinyl Billy Jean MJ
First cd was actually two. The Beloved Blissed out and The Right Stuff Two. Phone Post 3.0

First record I ever bought was a 45 - "Urgent" by Foreigner. Can't remember what was in the flip side.

First full album was "The Game" from Queen. Phone Post 3.0

First cd- Bobby Brown, the one with that song Humpin' Around Phone Post 3.0

Can't remember my first cassette or CD. But I do remember that I was way, way behind the curve on switching over to CD. I had a few hundreds cassette tapes, so that was part of it. Plus I kept saying that as soon as I bought a CD player they would come out with something to make it obsolete. Phone Post 3.0

First vinyl was Styx "come sail away" 7" single. 1977, I was five. Insert obligatory Cartman jokes here.
First album was same year, it was actually a story version of Star Wars.

First 8 track was a Buddy Holly compilation, can't remember what year, but I know it was because I saw "The Buddy Holly Story"

Cd was the misfits collection 1, 1986. Phone Post 3.0

First Album was Chilli Pepper's Californication

First CD I bought was Thriller

First 8 track was Alice Cooper - muscle of love
First vinyl was MJ - Thriller Phone Post 3.0

8 track of Love Gun-Kiss

First Vinyl - Elvis 50 Greatest Hits
First Cassette - Soundtrack to "Cats"
First CD - Sinatra: Songs for Young Lovers

First CD's were Rancid(self titled) and Ignition by The Offspring.

pillbottle - Can't remember my first cassette or CD. But I do remember that I was way, way behind the curve on switching over to CD. I had a few hundreds cassette tapes, so that was part of it. Plus I kept saying that as soon as I bought a CD player they would come out with something to make it obsolete. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I was fairly late to CD's too. Same reason I had loads of tapes and a few things on vinyl.

Also wasn't there a time when people though mini discs might take over from tape rather than CD's?
I remember the ad with Reefs "I'll blow you away" or whatever it was called as the track with the record exec listening to it on mini disc! Phone Post 3.0

Looks like the majority of OG'ers are metal and rock fans then? Phone Post 3.0

Vinyl - Colors soundtrack
CD - soul asylum single Phone Post 3.0

LP Rare Earth-Get Ready.........

Yes I'm fuckin old.

CD Ride the Lightning Phone Post 3.0

It was a WWF album I think it was called piledriver. For real bands it was Aerosmith pump and it was a cassette. Phone Post 3.0