First time brisket

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Black Dougie - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Black Dougie - 

Holy shit those look good.  I used to laugh at the rotiss cookers because they were Ronco.  Then i came here and saw the ungodly looking things you TFK cats were putting out.  Now i feel like i missed the train.

As for the sugar/butter, i actually avoid added sugar (keto) and use Sukrin Gold.  That is what is in the pic.  It tastes and acts just like brown sugar, including melting when heated.  I only have Kerrygold butter here in the house. I have tried both, and couldn't tell the difference.  I usually do things like this with salted, and use my unsallted for making ghee (i go thru a lot of ghee for cooking).  

The thing that has made difference for me was laying it down and putting the slab in meatside-down. I used to put it on top and let it melt in before wrapping, For some reason, i couldn't detect the sweet kick unless i put a half pound on it.  This way is perfect.  How much brown sugar/SG i use depends on how much cayenne i use in the rub.  

Keep an eye out for used ones for sale in your area....I've found 2...that big fucker was never used and cost me 90 bucks lol...got another smaller ezstore one for 40 bucks. 

Did you order a sousvide?!

I'm going to try out your method soon.

I love ghee....duck fat as well

I've got 3 SV's in my amazon cart.  Talk me out of the Anova Nano (vs the Precision).  I will only be cooling one or two big steaks at the time.  

Also looking at some of the cheaper brands with high ratings.  But none of those come with wi-fi.  Not sure if i really need wi-fi.  I heard a lot of people end up never really using that feature

You will be fine with the Nano I'm sure.

But if the cost difference isn't much (100 dollar difference here) between the 2 then I'd get the regular precision model. (Higher the wattage the better)

I don't have any experience with other brands but I don't use the wifi or app for mine. I manually set everything.

Also, if you've got a kitchen supply store near you I'd get a couple of polycarbonate containers with lids for cooks. Having a lid is awesome for longer cooks.

Yay!

I've got a small hard-side cooler that is about 18 qt that i was thinking about converting for SV.  I have so damn many coolers that i will never miss it. 

Would that work?

Black Dougie - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Black Dougie - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Black Dougie - 

Holy shit those look good.  I used to laugh at the rotiss cookers because they were Ronco.  Then i came here and saw the ungodly looking things you TFK cats were putting out.  Now i feel like i missed the train.

As for the sugar/butter, i actually avoid added sugar (keto) and use Sukrin Gold.  That is what is in the pic.  It tastes and acts just like brown sugar, including melting when heated.  I only have Kerrygold butter here in the house. I have tried both, and couldn't tell the difference.  I usually do things like this with salted, and use my unsallted for making ghee (i go thru a lot of ghee for cooking).  

The thing that has made difference for me was laying it down and putting the slab in meatside-down. I used to put it on top and let it melt in before wrapping, For some reason, i couldn't detect the sweet kick unless i put a half pound on it.  This way is perfect.  How much brown sugar/SG i use depends on how much cayenne i use in the rub.  

Keep an eye out for used ones for sale in your area....I've found 2...that big fucker was never used and cost me 90 bucks lol...got another smaller ezstore one for 40 bucks. 

Did you order a sousvide?!

I'm going to try out your method soon.

I love ghee....duck fat as well

I've got 3 SV's in my amazon cart.  Talk me out of the Anova Nano (vs the Precision).  I will only be cooling one or two big steaks at the time.  

Also looking at some of the cheaper brands with high ratings.  But none of those come with wi-fi.  Not sure if i really need wi-fi.  I heard a lot of people end up never really using that feature

You will be fine with the Nano I'm sure.

But if the cost difference isn't much (100 dollar difference here) between the 2 then I'd get the regular precision model. (Higher the wattage the better)

I don't have any experience with other brands but I don't use the wifi or app for mine. I manually set everything.

Also, if you've got a kitchen supply store near you I'd get a couple of polycarbonate containers with lids for cooks. Having a lid is awesome for longer cooks.

Yay!

I've got a small hard-side cooler that is about 18 qt that i was thinking about converting for SV.  I have so damn many coolers that i will never miss it. 

Would that work?

Yeah man!

Black Dougie - 
Soup and Beer -

Not a brisket, but just tried my first tomahawk on the BGE.  Was great.

Also VTFU.  Now cut her open and lets see the nudes

They devoured it before I had a chance to get proper pics lol

a certain oger did his thing this weekend and man it's good as fuck

1 Like

Sometimes covid-19 lets me porrada -

Now we’re back in business! That looks really good! 

slumdog -
Sometimes covid-19 lets me porrada -

Now we’re back in business! That looks really good! 

It tastes even better than it looks lol

Just brought our newborn twin girls home. Time to slap on the white New Balances and get to grillin straight dad mode 

slumdog - 

Just brought our newborn twin girls home. Time to slap on the white New Balances and get to grillin straight dad mode 

Is this a food reference or did you send your wife really have twins?

Either way congrats!

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
slumdog - 

Either way congrats!

Lmao we brought actual babies home 

slumdog - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
slumdog - 

Either way congrats!

Lmao we brought actual babies home 

Dumb it down for me a little.....human babies?

Smiffy trynna figure out if "twins" is slang for something he can cook

Black Dougie -

Smiffy trynna figure out if "twins" is slang for something he can cook

Hahaha seriously. Not slang. Two human beings that will not be grilled. 

Got a 12 pounder going on the BGE.  No wrap, 15 hours now.

1 Like

Soup and Beer -

We expect follow up pics my guy. Come through! 

Soup and Beer -

NICE.

We will need to see the nudez this time

Black Dougie - 
Soup and Beer -

NICE.

We will need to see the nudez this time

meh, I kind of fucked it up  It was too dry.  Last one i did was amazing.  This one too dry.  I'm so inconsistent with brisket.

On another note, the bacon panko smoked mac and cheese was fantastic.