First weight cut

I'm 205 lbs and 6 foot 3 and about 20% body fat. I'm cutting on 1950 cals a day. I lift 3-4 times a week and have a desk job so my overall TDEE isn't super high. I had been eating 2400-2500 cals over past 6 weeks and without much gain or loss so I think 1950 is a good choice. Thoughts? First cut recommendations? Phone Post 3.0

http://i.imgur.com/JhxFRia.png

For your troubles Phone Post 3.0

cuzmickeylovesyou - http://i.imgur.com/JhxFRia.png

For your troubles Phone Post 3.0
That ENTIRE backside DAMN SELTER Phone Post 3.0

Leigh - Eating clean is easier and more effective than eating less. 2k calories of twinkies, despite what the Twinkie guys said, is not the same as 2k of unprocessed food. Phone Post 3.0

This, also make sure you get enough sleep at night. It's amazing what that does for your weight.

Yeah what Leigh said. 1950 is bugger all so stick to unprocessed foods. Treat yourself every now and then though. Just make sure you get enough protien and fats. People dieting for the first time make the mistake of trying to avoid fats. Phone Post 3.0

Leigh - Eating clean is easier and more effective than eating less. 2k calories of twinkies, despite what the Twinkie guys said, is not the same as 2k of unprocessed food. Phone Post 3.0
Hey thanks a lot for the feedback, I started out stick thin then bulked at 3k, now I am excited at having a decent beach body for the first time ever. I'm 26, new to lifting but never too late to start! Phone Post 3.0

Leigh - Honestly, I would start by keeping calories the same and just eating cleaner (unless you're already super clean). I hate cutting calories Phone Post 3.0
I'm a pretty clean eater, but especially so now. May add a few calories if it starts falling off too quick. 1 lb a week is my goal... extremely clean maintenance calories be enough to drop some BF% you are saying? I thought it all boiled down to calories. Too much bro science out there

Pictures for reference of how skinny I started in July and where I was at in Jan

http://i.imgur.com/LSvTU47.jpg

Not the most impressive after picture but it was only 6 months. Getting love-handles like crazy ! Phone Post 3.0

Leigh - Calories are only a best guess. It's a poor science to base your weight loss on due to a number of factors - your metabolism, macronutrient profile, how the calories are measured etc.

Technically speaking, "maintenance calories" will do just - maintain. But you can't possibly know what your exact maintenance calories are. They will change depending on the type of food you eat.

I would take a good guess though that if you maintained the same calories you're currently eating and cleaned your diet out further, 1lb a week should be pretty simple. What's your typical diet like, including beverages? Phone Post 3.0
Beverages is easy. Nothing but water. Rarely drink alcohol. Unless protein powder mixed in with water counts Phone Post 3.0

Calories in vs calories out plus macro nutrient amounts is an excellent way to loose body weight. Nutrient timing & quality of food helps a lot as well.

I'm down to 182lbs & my daily calories are currently 2212. Phone Post 3.0

Lose. Damn auto correct Phone Post 3.0

300 grams of protein and <100grams carbs. You will lean up and stay hard. Phone Post 3.0

<100 grams of carbs. Gallon of water a day too. Phone Post 3.0