Fitch believes Hendricks could have beaten GSP

Source: Jon Fitch believes Johny Hendricks could have beaten GSP if he'd gotten title shot over Diaz

I completely agree with Fitch. GSP is going to man handle Diaz and take him down to the ground over and over again. I don't think Diaz will be able to keep this fight up on the feet. And I don't see GSP been caught on a submission either. His BJJ is solid. Hendricks would have presented a bigger challenge than Diaz in my opinion.

GSP is way too smart and fast to get KO'd by Hendricks running around behind his left hand imo.

You're right but you're forgetting something important; That would pose a risk for GSP. Why would Dana do that when he can throw Diaz in there with little risk to a huge money maker to the UFC? Plus, he can say he's "giving the fans what they want".

Win Win...

GSP is the money cow of the UFC, but I think Diaz could be a cash cow for them two as a champion. 

GSP's record is gonna be pretty ridiculous after he adds Diaz, Marquardt and Hendricks(If he even gets past Ellenberger) to it.

Why "could have"? The chances are GSP-Hendricks will be the next fight, after both win their fights. I don't see what the big deal is for Hendricks to have to wait one fight before having his title fight.

And I'd take Fitch's predictions better if he hadn't already been wrong about GSP-Fitch and Hendricks-Fitch. Not a good record in terms of prediction.

Personally I think Hendricks has a reasonable chance (say 30%) of beating GSP, but not because of what Fitch says.

Well Hendricks did do something in 12 seconds that GSP couldn't do in 25 minutes for what it is worth

Pancake Syrup - Well Hendricks did do something in 12 seconds that GSP couldn't do in 25 minutes for what it is worth

Yea well for what it's worth.. Shat up Phone Post

georgejonesjr - Why "could have"? The chances are GSP-Hendricks will be the next fight, after both win their fights. I don't see what the big deal is for Hendricks to have to wait one fight before having his title fight.

And I'd take Fitch's predictions better if he hadn't already been wrong about GSP-Fitch and Hendricks-Fitch. Not a good record in terms of prediction.

Personally I think Hendricks has a reasonable chance (say 30%) of beating GSP, but not because of what Fitch says.

Yeah, the guy should have picked GSP and Hendricks to beat him /sarcasm.

Heel Hooker - He also thought he would beat Hendricks and GSP.

yep, that kind of puts it all in perspective doesn't it

Doctor NPD - If I got knocked out by Hendricks within a round, I'd be proclaiming him as the one to dethrone the champ too.

This Phone Post

Well,he'll just have too see Gsp lose to someone else In march (: Phone Post

Doctor NPD - If I got knocked out by Hendricks within a round, I'd be proclaiming him as the one to dethrone the champ too.

Koscheck does not have the power that Hendricks have

Broke Fitch getting paid for interviews now? Phone Post

Heel Hooker - Marquart won't get a title shot for awhile

Exactly. He shouldnt even be in the conversation, people seem to be forgetting the way he royally screwed Dana over. You think Dana's gonna fast track him to a title fight or even a contenders fight? Dudes first two or three fights should be against non-top 5 guys