Fitch-No one has told me why I cant get title shot

jon, you had a rake of zzzzzz decisions after the gsp fight and showed no notable improvements or gave us any reason to be believe you can beat gsp if you get another chance. also you just had a draw with bj penn and it should have been a W for bj.

Maybe once Fitch develops a fanbase of over a hundred he'll get considered for a title shot

Few reasons.

A) Pretty obvious that Dana doesn't like him.
B) Is known as a boring fighter, and whose wins since then have been boring decisions.
C) Hard to market after what GSP did to him the first time. If Diaz beats GSP, Fitch will be up in there.

In my opinion to get a title shot you should be out there finishing top contenders.

Elite wrestlers like Fitch could learn a thing or two from training with high level bjj guys. Wrestlers would be much more exciting if they were going for submissions or at least looking to improve position to land ground n pound.

Think about this for a second.

Gsp is selling the most PPV right now.

What if Fitch beats gsp.

I don't need to mention what that would mean.

Your talking tens of millions of lost revenue for the UFC. Phone Post

petraus - do tell. I'm curious. Tell us all "whats up".

so far, fan or not most agree. Zuffa and the general viewing audience are not fans of his style.

you can throw the sporting element out the window, if you are considered boring by the boss. you are not getting the shot.

1/ your not marketable
2/ you dont finish people.
3/ your lasty fight was a draw
4/ )and this is a big one. GSP destroyed you in every aspect, i have no desire to see such a one-sided beat down again.

1) boring as shit.

2) unwilling to fight Josh Koscheck.

3) unable to beat BJ Penn.

4) already got the shit kicked out of him by GSP and has displayed nothing since then that would demonstrate the rematch would be any different.

why should he get a title shot?

Ghan - Nobody wants to see you fight for the title again. You make no effort to entertain the fans and you haven't evolved enough since then to warrant another shot at GSP. If you think otherwise, get in the octagon and prove it. Until then, enjoy getting very little respect.

+1000000 Phone Post

epwar - Change your name to Urijah Fitchaber and you'll get an immediate shot. ;-)

Lol! Im not sure his chin is big enough to handle a name like that. Phone Post

Does he not ultimately fights should be finished? If this guy got into a street fight it would go on for hours... or until the cops came a half hour later to pull him off.... even then the guy he fought would be unharmed. Phone Post

He already lost convincingly to the champ, there is no need for a rematch.

As much as everyone makes fun of him for being boring, Fitch/GSP was one of the most exciting fights of either guys career. They match up well, because neither one will allow themselves to be layed on. Their boringness cancels out and they actually have an exciting fight.

RickMartelsArrogance - Why does he act clueless?

Watching paint dry is more entertaining than watching your fights in the eyes of most fans and you know this Jon. You have zero marketability and couldn't draw flies to a septic tank. You could go 10-0 in your next 10 fights, but as long as you keep dry humping marketable fighters out of contention you'll continue to live in relative obscurity.

The fact of the matter is Zuffa doesn't make fights they can't market and a Fitch fight simply isn't marketable.

. Phone Post

Beat by GSP very decisively.

Draw with the last guy GSP finished.

Nobody thinks you can win a fight against GSP.

Now you know.

Good fighter, but GSPs style is a big problem for Fitch to begin with.. And GSP handles people who's styles stack against him in the first place.

To reiterate... No one thinks Fitch has a chance, even if he deserves one. Phone Post

Make him fight Kos. I'll watch that fight.

I think not fighting Kos is a big deal. Seems like Dana mentions that every third presser.

Someone forward this thread to Fitch.... He has to know exactly why he isn't getting a title shot. If he doesn't then he has taken too many shots to the head because it has always been obvious. The funny thing is that I like Fitch and think he has the potential to be the best... However, his lack of killer instinct and constant decisions in fights will be his undoing. Until he really puts himself out there and takes some risks he will always be the #2 guy.

Lol - Fitch will be the 1st guy released on a 10 fight win streak. Phone Post

They shouldn't have to tell you... its called taking a hint

Unless he's in complete denial, he knows. He's gotta know. 

I think he's a great fighter, but he's been whining about this for what seems like forever now while he's been on the shelf. Start fighting again and prove you deserve the shot, damnit!