Fitch v Alves II! Alves to Replace Almeida at 107

just read this on bloodyelbow

source: mmaweekly twitter, which says this is per BLAF himself

IrishFighter110 - Alves will knock him out.

Like last time?

IrishFighter110 - Alves will knock him out.

lol, just like the 1st time right?

GSP knocked the vaseline out of him and he was fine. Should be good though

i support this rematch

nice replacement

Alves is my favorite WW fighter.  Glad he getting the fight. 

I like both so even though it should be a great fight it sucks goat testicles that I have to see one lose

sweet

This fight was a no-brainer.

Why bring Almeida into it in the first place???

more promising than Almeida/Fitch

I honestly didn't think it was gonna be Alves the way Fitch was talking about it, I thought it  would be a new opponent or  maybe Stun Gun

cool with me though, should be interesting to see what happens this time

Fitch is going to have a harder time taking and holding Alves down. The first time they fought Alves had garbage wrestling. Since that fight he has been stuffing elite wrestlers and GSP had difficulty holding him down even before GSP got injured.

Alves is very much the same fighter he was when he fought Fitch. He's alot bigger though. Fitchs gameplan doesnt change at all for it but Alves may be tougher to get down this time.

Are they fighting at 106 or 107? I read the thread title, but I thought Fitch was suppose to be fighting at 106.

i am really looking forward to this card

Rumored card:

-B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez

-Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo

-Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch

Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida

Wilson Gouveia vs. Alan Belcher

Kevin Burns vs. T.J. Grant

Rousimar Palhares vs. Lucio Linhares

Todd Duffee vs. Paul Buentello

Johny Hendricks vs. Ricardo Funch

Houston Alexander vs. TBA

Wow, good card. Fitch via decision.

MW - 

GSP knocked the vaseline out of him and he was fine. Should be good though

Defenestrator - LOL fitch the same fighter.

He was a purple belt back then and still tooled him.

alves was a purple belt back then with crappy wrestling. Wasn't Fitch a brown belt back then? Not like it matters. Fitch is going to have a harder time taking Alves down. We all saw Alves get up from underneath GSP at will and stuff Koscheck and Hughes. Alves has improved his wrestling tremendously from what it was before.

Fitch will grind him out like he does everybody else.

"We all saw Alves get up from underneath GSP at will and stuff Koscheck and Hughes. Alves has improved his wrestling tremendously from what it was before."

Eh, I'm not sure. He certainly didn't get up from underneath GSP at will, and in fact GSP took him down whenever he wanted. Koscheck didn't appear to be really committing to his takedowns, and Hughes had trouble taking down Matt Serra; he just isn't the same these days.

orcus -  Fitch will grind him out like he does everybody else.

"We all saw Alves get up from underneath GSP at will and stuff Koscheck and Hughes. Alves has improved his wrestling tremendously from what it was before."

Eh, I'm not sure. He certainly didn't get up from underneath GSP at will, and in fact GSP took him down whenever he wanted. Koscheck didn't appear to be really committing to his takedowns, and Hughes had trouble taking down Matt Serra; he just isn't the same these days.

GSP took Alves down 10x and Alves got up just about every single time. It pissed GSP off so much that he asked John Donaher in the lockerroom to correct what he was doing wrong after the fight.

Koscheck has taken everyone he has faced down except for Thiago. Fact is if Koscheck gets a hold of your legs more often times than not you are going for a ride.

sureshock - This fight was a no-brainer.

Why bring Almeida into it in the first place???
because Big Dog is the man, WW should be good for him, and he breathes new life into the division, a win over Fitch, the man to GSP the toughest test of his current, otherwise seemingly unstoppable run, would have propelled him into at least a #1 contenders match and provided a non-rematch title fight and interesting style match up. 

I loved the Fitch Almeida matchup, but this a fantastic save, 107 needs it more than 106, card is looking great now.