Fitch vs Paulo Miyao

Jon Fitch formerly of the UFC vs Paulo Miyao -newest World BJJ Expo matchup..seems retarded

Hope fitch doesn't "shut him down". Phone Post 3.0

Fitch gets into too many scrambles.

Miyao will find a way to his back imo.

Miyao will choke him Phone Post 3.0

More of these match ups! Phone Post

As long as Fitch doesn't Schaub, I'll be happy. Phone Post 3.0

I for one am pretty excited. Would never predict these guys would go against each other. Miyao can end it very quickly.  Is this gi or no gi?

Nice, I like it. I too think Miyao takes his back and submits him. I don't think we will see any shenanigans from Fitch. Phone Post 3.0

Fitch will blanket him and shut down his game

War Miyao Phone Post

IrishAggression - Fitch will blanket him and shut down his game

Yeah: no-one's ever thought of that before...

With the exception of his last fight, Fitch has great sub defense...don't know that miyao will get the finish, but pretty sure he'll b riding fitch's back the whole match. Phone Post

I think match ups like these are interesting. kind of a throw back to when a lot of the mma guys would compete in adcc. shouldn't fitch have a size advantage? also don't forget Maia spent nearly three rounds on Fitch's back and couldn't sub him. Granted its harder with gloves on...but I think that is balanced by the ability to strike to open more things up.

i have no idea why anybody would ever be opposed to seeing one of today's top jiu jitsu competitors in a grappling match up against one of today's top MMA fighters with an incredible grappling pedigree

While a schaubing could occur (though i don't think fitch is that kind've guy,) but i'd like to see more mma guys with a grappling base mix it up against top level submission grapplers

countlphie - i have no idea why anybody would ever be opposed to seeing one of today's top jiu jitsu competitors in a grappling match up against one of today's top MMA fighters with an incredible grappling pedigree

'one of today's top MMA fighters...'

...wasn't he just booted from the UFC?

GrahamJ -
countlphie - i have no idea why anybody would ever be opposed to seeing one of today's top jiu jitsu competitors in a grappling match up against one of today's top MMA fighters with an incredible grappling pedigree

'one of today's top MMA fighters...'

...wasn't he just booted from the UFC?
Lets not split hairs. That guy that was released from the UFC would beat the top 1 percent of the worlds population at 170 lbs. Phone Post 3.0

That's not what we're talking about, though: we're talking about whether he's 'one of today's top MMA fighters'.
Now, if you hear that phrase, you think GSP; Anderson Silva; Jon Jones.

...or within a particular division: maybe the top 10.
Fitch is ranked 24th in the welterweight class:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/welterweight/

Very good - relative to the rest of the division below him, perhaps; but then there are questions like 'How many pro MMA fighters are there?'; 'Have the people below him had the same opportunities?' etcetera, if you want to discuss the world population, and other such things.

Cole Miller's in talks to grappling one of the Miyao's at one of these events as well. Phone Post 3.0

GrahamJ - That's not what we're talking about, though: we're talking about whether he's 'one of today's top MMA fighters'.
Now, if you hear that phrase, you think GSP; Anderson Silva; Jon Jones.

...or within a particular division: maybe the top 10.
Fitch is ranked 24th in the welterweight class:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/welterweight/

Very good - relative to the rest of the division below him, perhaps; but then there are questions like 'How many pro MMA fighters are there?'; 'Have the people below him had the same opportunities?' etcetera, if you want to discuss the world population, and other such things.
That ratings bullshit tho, Fitch is easy top ten in his division, probably top 5. He was released because of his style, not because of his ability. Phone Post 3.0