Fitch vs Paulo Miyao

burner22 -
GrahamJ - That's not what we're talking about, though: we're talking about whether he's 'one of today's top MMA fighters'.
Now, if you hear that phrase, you think GSP; Anderson Silva; Jon Jones.

...or within a particular division: maybe the top 10.
Fitch is ranked 24th in the welterweight class:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/welterweight/

Very good - relative to the rest of the division below him, perhaps; but then there are questions like 'How many pro MMA fighters are there?'; 'Have the people below him had the same opportunities?' etcetera, if you want to discuss the world population, and other such things.
That ratings bullshit tho, Fitch is easy top ten in his division, probably top 5. He was released because of his style, not because of his ability. Phone Post 3.0
It's still top 25 and in college football that gets you a bowl game lol Phone Post 3.0

Fair enough.

...he's still not got a chance in hell at stopping the berimbolo, ha.

Shit I'd give my left nut to be top 25 in any professional sport Phone Post 3.0

Muzalini - Shit I'd give my left nut to be top 25 in any professional sport Phone Post 3.0

wish granted. you're now the 23rd best in the world at cup stacking!

Matthieu Battle -
Muzalini - Shit I'd give my left nut to be top 25 in any professional sport Phone Post 3.0

wish granted. you're now the 23rd best in the world at cup stacking!
Can I put that on my resume? Phone Post 3.0

ok aside from the contention that fitch is not one of today's top mma fighters...

as a fan, even if i don't fully understand how/why they were matched up, i'd much rather see the match happen than not see it happen

i don't understand why anybody would root for the latter

This will be interesting. I don't see Fitch passing his guard or smothering P Meow.

Look who Fitch has lost to in the last 6 years... studs. All of them. Maybe the Burkman thing was a fluke but GSP, Maia, Hendricks... all those guys are the tip of the spear at 170. Jon was released bc he is boring and didnt do shit for selling tickets. It has nothing to do with him not being a great fighter.

With that said... anyone that wouldnt be entertained by this isnt a fan is grappling. DO IT!!!