Five Ways to Get Better at BJJ

Just posted a quick article about some things that have helped me over the years.  Check it out:

Five Ways to Get Better at BJJ

Conditioning.

Very good pointers. Phone Post

JRockwell -  Very good pointers. Phone Post

Thanks, Jeff!  I'm working on an atricle about competition right now. 

What else would you (or your students) like to see?

Good stuff!

Chango

Great stuff Judogoat!

I've been teaching here and there for a couple of years now. All of the students (until last night) have had some sort of martial arts experience.

Question: (open to anyone)

What materials (videos, reading etc.) do you recommend for the day 1 beginner with no martial arts background (for women as well if it makes a difference)?

I have to imagine someone somewhere has put something like this together. Maybe something that explains what to expect, or whats expected of him/her. Like a welcome packet for BJJ.

ncimm - Great stuff Judogoat!

I've been teaching here and there for a couple of years now. All of the students (until last night) have had some sort of martial arts experience.

Question: (open to anyone)

What materials (videos, reading etc.) do you recommend for the day 1 beginner with no martial arts background (for women as well if it makes a difference)?

I have to imagine someone somewhere has put something like this together. Maybe something that explains what to expect, or whats expected of him/her. Like a welcome packet for BJJ.

That's actually exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with the site.  I think it's a pretty lofty ambition, so it'll take sevral years to accomplish.  Check it out if you have time, though:

www.RichmondSelfDefense.com

Give me some ideas, too, and this can be a resource anyone can use.