FL breaks record...for most Covid cases in a day

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-florida/florida-shatters-records-with-over-10000-new-covid-19-cases-in-single-day-idUSKBN243299

Over 10k

Florida shattered records on Thursday when it reported over 10,000 new coronavirus cases, the biggest one-day increase in the state since the pandemic started, according to a Reuters tally.

Outbreaks in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona have helped the United States break records and send cases rising at rates not seen since April.

In June, Florida infections rose by 168% or over 95,000 new cases. The percent of tests coming back positive has skyrocketed to 15% from 4% at the end of May.

Florida, with 21 million residents, has reported more new daily coronavirus cases than any European country had at the height of their outbreaks.

To contain the outbreak, Florida has closed bars and some beaches but the governor has resisted requiring masks statewide in public or reimposing a lockdown.

Only one other state has reported more than 10,000 new cases in a single day. New York recorded 12,847 new infections on April 10, three weeks after the state implemented a strict lockdown that closed most businesses. While the state has relaxed many measures, it requires masks in public and mandates anyone arriving from 16 other U.S. states with high infections self-quarantine for two weeks.

Once the epicenter of the U.S. epidemic, New York saw cases rise by about 6% in June - the lowest rate in the entire country.

Didn't read the article, but my dad has been at his house in Florida and has said the cases are more on the Atlantic side than the Gulf. He's between Sarasota and Ft Meyers and said they haven't really had an uptick where he's at.

1 Like

Meanwhile deaths went down 

4 Likes

who cares?

this is only big news because they think it will stump trump

it wont

he looks up at the eclipse after being told not to

8 Likes

MY GOD!

theyre gonna need so much tissues for the runny noses 

5 Likes

Im starting to notice different numbers accross different reporting sites. I was taken to Wikipedia for numbers the other day. What's next vice then huff post then straight to BLM which auto enrolls u to give 10 a month.

Isn't there a lag in the mortalities and increases?  So in 3 weeks, hospilizations and deaths increase?

BrckNoHitBk - 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-florida/florida-shatters-records-with-over-10000-new-covid-19-cases-in-single-day-idUSKBN243299

Over 10k

Florida shattered records on Thursday when it reported over 10,000 new coronavirus cases, the biggest one-day increase in the state since the pandemic started, according to a Reuters tally.

Outbreaks in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona have helped the United States break records and send cases rising at rates not seen since April.

In June, Florida infections rose by 168% or over 95,000 new cases. The percent of tests coming back positive has skyrocketed to 15% from 4% at the end of May.

Florida, with 21 million residents, has reported more new daily coronavirus cases than any European country had at the height of their outbreaks.

To contain the outbreak, Florida has closed bars and some beaches but the governor has resisted requiring masks statewide in public or reimposing a lockdown.

Only one other state has reported more than 10,000 new cases in a single day. New York recorded 12,847 new infections on April 10, three weeks after the state implemented a strict lockdown that closed most businesses. While the state has relaxed many measures, it requires masks in public and mandates anyone arriving from 16 other U.S. states with high infections self-quarantine for two weeks.

Once the epicenter of the U.S. epidemic, New York saw cases rise by about 6% in June - the lowest rate in the entire country.

LOL

Do we ever worry about the Flu every year with how many cases it caused?

This shit is straight fear mongering whack shit that only a brainless Democrat would care about.

4 Likes

lol @ you absolute hysterical queers  

why dont you post all day about the falling death rate? 

fucking queers, the lot of you

7 Likes

BigEyedFish - 

yup

gay for covid

cant get enough fear

5 Likes

In Orlando. Two good friends of mine just got it - she works as a nurse and he got it from her. They've barely have any symptoms. Somewhat reassuring because he's the same age as me (44) and also has high BP. 

But those are the only people I personally know who has it. 

dhughes - 

In Orlando. Two good friends of mine just got it - she works as a nurse and he got it from her. They've barely have any symptoms. Somewhat reassuring because he's the same age as me (44) and also has high BP. 

But those are the only people I personally know who has it. 

Good to know

Good, herd immunity is on its way

3 Likes

How many tests were done? How many hospitalizations, and how many deaths? It means nothing to throw the number out there with no context to compare it to 

2 Likes

BigEyedFish -

I tested positive today. Got the result from test last Thursday. I’ve had the shits for like 2 days but other than that I’m fine. Just had to tell the homie and boss.. 

kknda bummed out, no 4th party or bday dinner on Monday.. think I’ll buy an Xbox 

Bugs bunny Florida.gif

JitsuGuy - 
BrckNoHitBk - 

Over 10k

LOL

Do we ever worry about the Flu every year with how many cases it caused?

This shit is straight fear mongering whack shit that only a brainless Democrat would care about.

Yeesh.

We used to have lots of discussions about religion on the OG.
But nothing has dredged up the anti-science lunatics on the OG like this pandemic.

Fairly startling some people can manage to turn on their computer to even post.

So what? Mortality rate is like 1%.

At this point, we're not mitigating the virus.

We are mitigating the politicized bullshit which is using the pandemic to push agendas.

1 Like

Yeah, and?

1 Like

sicko -

How many tests were done? How many hospitalizations, and how many deaths? It means nothing to throw the number out there with no context to compare it to 

It's ammo for libtard governors to re-impose communism lockdowns on their states.