FL Principal gave White Students 'Safe Place'

White principal told staff at predominantly black elementary school to put what white students there were in the same classes so they would feel 'comfortable'
-Christine Hoffman asked staff to keep the white children in each grade together
-She tried to justify it by saying she wanted them to feel comfortable in classes
-Campbell Park Elementary School has 557 black students and 49 white students
-Hoffman has been removed from campus while the school board investigates

https://youtu.be/GAEbO2l7ga4

A principal sent an email to teachers asking them to keep white students in the same classes at a predominantly black elementary school to ensure they felt 'comfortable'.

Christine Hoffman, 46, has apologized since sending the email around staff at Campbell Park Elementary in St Petersburg, Florida, last week. 

In it, she said white students, who are all aged between five and ten, should 'be in the same class'. 

She later clarified that she meant for the white children in each grade to be put in classes together so that none were ever alone in a class of black students.

Hoffman has since vacated her role temporarily while the issue is investigated by the school district. 

She apologized to parents for the remark, admitting she had exercised 'poor judgement'.  

Of Campbell Park Elementary's 606 students, 49 are white. Hoffman said she was merely trying to make those students 

At a meeting with parents on Monday, she tried to defend the remark, telling families: 'I was not asking that all white students in each grade be clustered, as that is not our practice in creating class lists. 

Of the 606 students at Campbell Park Elementary School in St Petersburg, Florida, 557 are black and 49 are white     

Of the 606 students at Campbell Park Elementary School in St Petersburg, Florida, 557 are black and 49 are white 

'I understand how racially insensitive the guideline was.' 

Parents however said they would not be satisfied until Hoffman was fired.

'The parents said that as black people we are used to being the only black person in the classroom and no one is making sure we are comfortable,' Denise Ford told The Tampa Bay Times after the meeting. 

'The parents were not accepting of any excuse. We accept your apology, but you have to go,' she added. 

Hoffman will work in the school district's headquarters until it completes its investigation. 

The school board plans to meet on Tuesday night to discuss the case.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4445110/Principal-told-staff-white-kids-classes.html#ixzz4fJp0pREq

'The parents said that as black people we are used to being the only black person in the classroom and no one is making sure we are comfortable,' Denise Ford told The Tampa Bay Times after the meeting. 

The problem is that while I disagree with the principals decision, yes Denise Ford there are black action groups that specifically call for forced segregation of black people. While this has mainly happened in college campuses around housing, we here on the OG discussed a school have a large meeting to which white students were not welcome in that black safe space.

It's different than trying to shelter all white students for sure, but to pretend that we don't have groups bending over backwards to make sure there isn't the slightest hint of racial inequality is just plain wrong. In fact in another story we had on the OG there are education groups that have programs designed to convince educators to NOT force punishment upon black students because they only act out due to systematic racism and need to be held to a different standard.

To sum up, this principal was stupid, and will probably be let go while people on the opposite side of the spectrum will be intellectually incapable of drawing any similarities between this and the postiions of college campuses and BLM type groups.

Thage -

The problem is that while I disagree with the principals decision, yes Denise Ford there are black action groups that specifically call for forced segregation of black people. While this has mainly happened in college campuses around housing, we here on the OG discussed a school have a large meeting to which white students were not welcome in that black safe space.

It's different than trying to shelter all white students for sure, but to pretend that we don't have groups bending over backwards to make sure there isn't the slightest hint of racial inequality is just plain wrong. In fact in another story we had on the OG there are education groups that have programs designed to convince educators to NOT force punishment upon black students because they only act out due to systematic racism and need to be held to a different standard.

To sum up, this principal was stupid, and will probably be let go while people on the opposite side of the spectrum will be intellectually incapable of drawing any similarities between this and the postiions of college campuses and BLM type groups.

this principal wont be fired. She'll be shuffled to another school.

This is a tricky subject. 

She did nothing wrong

This is perfectly acceptable and encouraged when people of color are in the minority.

Whites are different with all that natural born privilege.

Wow...she stood up for white people. Send her to my kids schools

I grew up in St Pete and we briefly moved back several years ago. We got there just before the school year began and the school we were zoned for had already been filled. My son had to go to this school (Campbell Park Elem) for his 2nd grade year. It's right by the dome where the TB Rays play. I think they tried to improve the school by making it a "marine science magnet school" to attract kids from other neighborhoods. There where a lot of unique names or spellings in my son's class including a kid named "Q'ba" (Cuba). 

Forced integration was always such a great idea.

What better way to teach children racial biggotry than to expose them to it early on and make a huge deal out of perceived ethnicity.

Ppl are so fucking scared nowadays. Pathetic.

This article is the first thing that came to mind:

https://www.amren.com/news/2016/08/a-white-teacher-speaks-out/

If I was a white kid, I'd appreciate it.

I wonder what it would take to bring a principal to think of creating safe spaces for white kids.....

Im wondering what in the world could be so bad about being a white kid in an all black school......

These fucking asian kids were being primadonnas in their predominantly black school

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/10/22/philly.school.asian.american.attacks/

Why would you send your kids to that school in a first place?

In Limbo -

These fucking asian kids were being primadonnas in their predominantly black school

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/10/22/philly.school.asian.american.attacks/

Can anyone find out how this school is doing now, some 7 years later??

If the new principal wants to get the schools academic performance to get better and therefore keep his job, he damn well better keep as many Asia kids as possible enrolled and engaged at learning. Asia kids are by far the best academically performing racial group. 

fanat - Why would you send your kids to that school in a first place?
Some people with jobs cannot drive their kids to school every day so they put them on whichever school bus makes the stop

"We've come too far" I thought having everyone in the same class was what the civil rights movement fought for. they asked for an apology and she gave one saying humbly that as a white person she's learning, and now that's racist.

Stronghold - What better way to teach children racial biggotry than to expose them to it early on and make a huge deal out of perceived ethnicity.

That is no worse, and certainly less damaging to the entire community than schools that teach black students that underperform that they aren't to blame because every one of their mistakes can be blamed on evil white people who have kept them in chains to this day. After all, it's not their fault that they refuse to work hard enough to make good grades. Hell even the tests are racist obviously. This attitude leads to more and more graduates who see themselves as entitled to all the good things in life without having to work their ass off to get it like other people. And of course it's also white peoples fault that the vast majority of black youth are growing up in single mother household in which the government subsidizes every aspect of their existence. It's white peoples fault that these women have children out of wedlock with many different men that refuse to lift a finger to help with his own kids, hell why would he? It's a fact that the taxpayers will fund his progeny no matter what or how many there are. This cycle is doing more damage to the black community than Jim Crowe laws ever could. But don't look to democratic politicians to change a single thing in the future, after all these "voters" are scared to death to vote for any other party in fear of losing these "highly deserved" handouts. It's just another form of slavery and the sooner the minority communities in this country realize this, the better off they will be. I worked as a stevedore in Florida for years while my wife was in pharmacy school. My company often would use temporary workers when they were extra busy during the winter months. One particular young black man really opened my eyes. His entire life goal was for him to work until he could get his disability to go through so he could start living. I'm not kidding, he was a healthy, literate, and hard working 20 year old man. His extended family were all on one disability or another sand he was raised in a home where his entire extended family's existence revolved around governmental disability funding. It's a damn shame that this is what so many kids realities are. They don't have a chance