Floor to ceiling ball

Hi guys im wanting to buy a floor to ceiling ball however i live in a flat so drilling into the floor isnt an option. Im top floor and have a ceiling bracket for my heavy bag that i can attach the top of the ball to but what can i do about the bottom? Im thinking along the lines of perhaps 30kg weight plate from my barbell will this work

If so how would i go about setting it up?

Cheers in advance Phone Post

To the top

Come on surely someone can help Phone Post

Use a set of 40 pd dumbells, and a combination of bunjee cords.

lueng jon - Use a set of 40 pd dumbells, and a combination of bunjee cords.

So with the cords just tie them round a heavy dumbell then? And if i rattle the ball pretty hard the dumbell wont roll around? Phone Post

Are you talking about a double-end bag... like this? (At least that's how I know them)

Yeah a heavy plate or two should do fine, I've seen that done before. The smaller the circumference the better though, so better to have a skinner stack than one really wide one. And maybe put a protective covering with some padding over them in case you do stub a foot into it

Yea thats what im talking about. My terminology may be a british / scottish thing Phone Post

I used a 50 lb plate at my last house, worked fine. Phone Post

I have a screw in the actually floor of mine and the bungie cord through it....

The screw on the left is the one I am talking about.....I have that screwed into the floor and then cord through it and attached to underside of the ball.

That or attach a weight plate on the bottom is the way I would do it.

Use a plate but be careful of your toes. It sucks to break a few if you take a bad step.

You can screw into the floor but honestly it would be easier to use weights to stabilize it.

Also speaking from experience here, go buy five 10lb discs, tape them stacked on top of each other, and use that to stabilize the bottom instead of using a 45 pound plate. You will no doubt hit your toes on the plate and it sucks. Using 10's gives you more foot room with the same amount of weight. I've never had a problem with the ball moving around. Phone Post

Saltyballs - You can screw into the floor but honestly it would be easier to use weights to stabilize it.

Also speaking from experience here, go buy five 10lb discs, tape them stacked on top of each other, and use that to stabilize the bottom instead of using a 45 pound plate. You will no doubt hit your toes on the plate and it sucks. Using 10's gives you more foot room with the same amount of weight. I've never had a problem with the ball moving around. Phone Post

Cool cheers i have plenty of disks so il give this a shot once i find a decent quality ball Phone Post

yeah definitely go with smaller plates. also depending on the floor surface you could even use velcro tape between the bottom plate and the floor to make it grip better. 50 lbs (3.5 stone i believe) plus velcro tape should def keep the base from sliding

i would hate living under you

Letibleu - i would hate living under you

Guy below me works 7pm-7am hospital night shifts so he aint in evenings for me to disturb him Phone Post